9 - In Limbo (4/21/2019 edit)

Almost done with the short chapters then we're back to normal length. I know it's annoying.  

________________________________________________________________________________

9

In Limbo

HAMLIN

All but Eden's right thumb, index, and middle finger were bound in thick white gauze. Tears filled Hamlin's eyes at the slight discoloration of the three remaining fingertips.

Will she lose those too?

"I think she's back from where ever it was she went." Hamlin said. With a little more confidence, he added, "She's okay. We can continue."

"Oh really?" Barbra's arched brow rose to new heights. "Please enlighten me then. How do you know such a thing?"

Hamlin was starting to think that brow was permanently stuck in that position. Or perhaps Barbra Shaman considered everyone around her to be a complete idiot.

"She is goddamnit!" To Hamlin's surprise, her brow lowered.

Barbra stood, folding her arms as though she expected him to continue to prove his point so she could get to ripping him a new asshole.

"Can we all just take a seat and give this a fair chance?" Jones spoke up from her chair. "I think we can at least agree that we owe Eden that much."

"Fine by me." Hamlin couldn't stop the corner of his mouth from lifting.

Without a word, Barbra brushed past him and returned to her seat.

Words: 322

Don't forget to check out my other stories!

The Hilstead Experiment: 1986 - Three prisoners escape an experiment involving human subjects.

The Hilstead Experiment: Adrift - Ten strangers board a plane that crashes into the ocean, turning their promised paradise vacation into a deadly experiment of survival.

The Carriers - Tainted meat turns a small farming town into a parasitic zombie war zone only a vegetarian can handle.

In The Pines- Annabel Lee enters into the highest rated gameshow of the afterlife to win a second chance at life.

And if you're looking for writing advice check out my story Year of the Author.