Prologue

The white note in Izar's hands weren't blank, in fact it was filled with threatening notes from someone unknown. Izar kept racking her brain constantly. She'd wondered, who she had offended since she came off as a snob most times to people.

"Rich spoilt kid, she is..." they would whisper. But she wasn't all that spoilt. In her mind's eye, she was just a normal teen adult living a normal life.

Except she was rich, and she got just about everything she ever wanted. And even when she never wanted something, she got it regardless.

Izar's phone vibrated ceaselessly next to her. She ignored it the first three times, her attention completely and utterly drawn to the paper in front of her. She still couldn't remember anything. Angry, she picked the paper, squeezed it into a small ball and threw it at the trash can standing not too far away. It bounced off without getting in the can. Her left eye twitched and she ignored the paper now quietly lying on the floor.

It was only after she had thrown away the paper, did she realize that her phone was ceaselessly vibrating beside her. She picked it up, placing it on her left ear.

"Hello? Dad?" Izar's voice sounded sad all of a sudden.

"Honey, are you okay? I've been calling for a long time now. Is everything alright over there?" Her father's worried voice came through the phone.

"I'm okay, dad. It's just... someone has been sending me threatening notes. I don't get it. I don't remember doing anything wrong to anyone."

"I know, I know, honey. Jane called me this morning. She said she was worried about you and that someone has been sending you threatening messages and notes. I've sent James to come get you. He'll be there in a few, okay?"

Izar nodded, forgetting her dad could not see her, she brought the phone down and ended the call. She walked to her room and packed up a few things she would need. Then she sent a text to her friends on their group chat, telling them she would not be around just in case anyone decided to come over.

Izar waited for half an hour before the doorbell went off. She trotted to the door, opened it and gave James a small smile. He returned the smile.

"Common, get whatever you need and let's get back. I'll wait outside for you." James said.

Izar nodded, leaving the door open as she walked back into her room. She picked up her bag, her laptop and her phone. She walked out of her room, closing the door after her. She picked up her phone from her couch and trotted to the door.

James helped with her stuff, walked her to the car, his hand splayed politely on her upper back as he led her to the car. He opened the car door for her and closed it after she got in.

They were headed for New York.