eight

jisung woke up to the sound of the door locking. minho must have just left, he thought to himself.

he checked the time on his phone.

2:42

2:42?? jisung tossed his phone to the other side of the bed snd buried his face into his pillow. he had a class at 9am.

might as well skip class today. he opened his door and began walking toward the kitchen, his tired, puffy eyes and messy hair making it apparent to anyone who saw him he had just woken up. not to mention all he was wearing was a tshirt and his boxers.

with one hand he rubbed his eye, and with the other the scrolled through his phone, bumping into a few pieces of furniture on his way to the fridge.

to his surprise, minho had texted him just a couple hours before.

minho:
hey, didnt know if u were awake
or not :o waffles in the fridge if ur
hungry :>

jisung couldn't help but chuckle at the keyboard emoticons the older used in his text messages. "cute," he mumbled to himself.

he opened the fridge, satisfied with the fact that he was home alone. was he about to eat minho's waffles? of course he was! but he's home alone, was he really about to eat them like a normal human being? of course not!

"i think i really deserve this right now," he thought, drowning his waffles in vanilla ice cream, sprinkles, and other unhealthy sweets.

he closed the fridge with satisfaction and looked up into the living room.

who the hell was that?

a boy, looking about his age or younger, sat at the red couch, the same presumably empty couch. the boy continued staring at jisung. fear, intimidation? he couldn't read the boy's face.

jisung on the other hand? from a mile away you could tell the boy was nothing but shocked and embarrassed. not that anyone can blame him, he was in his pajamas, fresh out of bed, ready to devour a mountain of sugar.

"um, hi," the boy spoke up.

"oh um- hello," jisung replied, "so, who are you again?"

the boy's eyes widened, snapping out of his own inner thoughts. "m-me? i'm kangmin. yang kangmin," he gave jisung a light cheeky smile.

kangmin. jisung recognized the name. how on earth did kangmin enter the apartment? when did he enter the apartment?

"you must be jisung," kangmin chirped again. trying to keep the conversation as least awkward as possible.

"hm? oh yeah sorry, yes i am," jisung mentally punched himself in the face. he must have looked so rude zoning out every two seconds.

"minho went to go buy snacks at he convenience store," kangmin smiled to himself. "we're gonna watch guardians of the galaxy!" jisung took note of the blush appearing on kangmin's face.

"cute," jisung commented. "i guess?"

a long awkward silence followed, jisung still confused at the situation that just seemed to unfold itself right in front of him.

"well, im gonna get goi-" jisung started.

the door beeped open, and in came an exhausted minho, bags and bags of convenience store snacks overflowing from his arms.

"oh hey jisung," minho smiled, out of breath. the boy probably ran up the stairs.

"hey minho," jisung replied, attempting to hide his monster waffles from his roommate who made them.

but to jisungs amazing luck, minho burst out laughing as he spotted the mountain of sugar that lied on top of the waffles.

"you got enough waffle for that?" minho commented between laughs.

jisung rolled his eyes, but giggles to shovel off some of his embarrassment.

jisung smiled and the two stared at each other for a second. what a shame, jisung smiled to himself.

"so, i'll be going to my room now, have fun you two," jisung grinned at the two of them, earning a polite grin from the younger boy on the couch.

__________________________

jisung rolled his eyes as he heard kangmin scream during the movie through the walls. seriously? it's guardians of the galaxy. if you wanted to look cute scared, you should've chosen an actual scary movie.

but jisung continued flipping through textbook pages, attempting to study to get his mind off things.

adding to the noise though, there came a knock at the front door.

jisung placed his pencil down, readying himself to stand from his seat before he heard minho call, "coming!"

so instead, he sat back in his seat and listened through the walls for the incoming conversation.

"hey minho, is jisung here?" he heard chan's muffled voice.

how did he find our address? jisung questioned.

"oh um, yeah he is, i'll have him come out for a sec," minho smiled, soon calling after jisung. "ji! your friends are here!"

jisung jumped at the nickname. he walked out the door, still in comfy casual clothes and his glasses.

"chan? changbin? how'd you even get our address?" he skipped his usual 'what's poppin' he'd normally call to his friends.

"felix," changbin shrugged. "anyways, we're here to pick you up,"

jisung tilted his head in confusion. "for what?"

"we're going drinking!" chan exclaimed, throwing his fist in the air in excitement.

"hm? oh, im down!" jisung smiled, quickly running in and out his bedroom to grab his things.

"see ya minho," jisung called. "oh and um, bye kangmin," minho took note of the change of tone when saying goodbye to kangmin. nevertheless, the boys still said their goodbyes back to jisung.

____________________

an hour passed. jisung and his friends still haven't returned, which was no surprise to minho. it's way too early to return from drinking.

yet still, minho decided to text jisung.

minho:
hey. having fun?

jisung:
yes!!1 i lvoe this bar so
muhc.. itd new

minho:
oh you went to the new bar!
thats fun.
btw kangmin left. sorry if i made
you uncomfortable.

minho stared at his phone screen. reflecting on all the events from that day. he smiled to himself.

minho:
before i forget, i need to ask
you something tomorrow.