twenty two

hyunjin sighed in relief at the sight of the familiar apartment building.

dance practice was absolutely exhausting, and walking home didn't make anything better.

he was so excited to throw himself into his apartment and knock out. but something stopped him.

upon entering the steps of his  apartment building, he saw a boy, maybe his age or younger, crying desperately into his knees. hyunjin contemplated going inside and ignoring him versus comforting the unknown boy, but he decided he had enough negative energy surrounding him from the past couple weeks he didn't need any bad karma to add onto it.

aside from losing jisung; not only relationship wise, but losing him to a life he seemed completely happy living, he lost a childhood friend. things with seungmin didn't seem to end too nicely after the younger had found out he had a boyfriend.

hyunjin had been cried his eyes out alone for quite a while, and he would've killed to have had someone by his side. so he decided to man up and be that person for the boy before him.

hyunjin tapped on the boy's shoulder. "oh um," he stood awkwardly. he knew it was quite obvious he didn't know what he was doing. "i just- um, are you alright?"

the crying boy sniffled once more and looked up at him. hyunjin's heart stopped. the boy was..? cute? child cute? cute cute? hyunjin couldn't decide. but when the boy before him stared up at him with swollen, sparkling teary eyes, he felt his heart shatter and flutter at the same time.

"i- uh, i'm hwang hyunjin," the boy swallowed. "i hope that makes it easier to talk to me or whatever," he giggled, trying to get rid of the awkward atmosphere.

"i'm fine. and yang jeongin," the boy muttered, turning his gaze to a random stare straight ahead of him. "yang jeongin and fine,"

"i mean, you're obviously not fine," hyunjin sighed. "do you— um— want to get a drink a water and.. some snacks maybe? i live here so i—" and jeongin returned to making eye contact with hyunjin. his heart did something again. "shit wait— i'm a stranger, you don't have to if you don't want to. i, uh— did you want to ta—"

"that would be really nice right now, thank you," jeongin wiped his face and stood from his seat, following hyunjin into the building.

___________________________

a/n: wooooo!! sorry for not updating in like .. two months JFBSJNDISD anyways .. heres two (one and a half??) updates to try and make up for it! i say half bc the second is just a small soft snippet of hyunjins perspective 🥺

anyways yall know the drill. both unedited! and hopefully it doesn't contradict the previous chapters LMAO