seventeen

conversations died down, and as minutes passed it only came time for the boys to walk to their classes, each slowly leaving one by one.

until it was minho and jisung.

at first jisung resented his friends for leaving him alone. but then again, he literally lives with the guy. how could this be any different?

"so, you want a ride home?" minho offered, jisung perking up his head at the break of silence

"oh sure! i think i live a little ways far from your place though," jisung joked, earning a smiley shove from minho.

"alright get in the car, you dingus,"

______________________

the car ride was so far, the most silent one they've ever had in the time they've known each other.

it was slightly awkward, the absence of the music really giving an uncomfortable atmosphere. jisung hated it.

"you okay?" minho asked, probably sensing the tension radiating from the younger boy.

"me? yeah." jisung kept his eyes on the road and continued to think. "but how about you? i heard you've been a little off as of late,"

minho chuckled. "have i? i really haven't notice anything,"

"oh," jisung couldn't control the small smile that had formed on his face. minho telling him that he was content with his life was oddly satisfying for him. but he'd always been like that with the people around him. "that's great to hear,"

"yeah, guess so," minho smiled wider, hearing the small smile that had formed on jisung through his words. "anyway, felix and i were planning to grab a couple drinks and just hang out a bit tonight. would you and your friends wanna tag along?"

it's the invitation that took jisung's eyes from the road in front of him. he stared at minho, slightly surprised, while the driver remained unfazed.

"sounds fun! i'm in!" jisung giggled. "i'll ask them right now!"

minho expected jisung to go invite his friends through their 'hot sauce' group chat. he'd always laugh at that name whenever he saw the notifications on jisung's phone.

but by know you'd think minho had learned to expect the unexpected as well. because jisung indeed texted his group chat with changbin and chan, but he invited another one of his friends as well.

_______________________

the day went on. both roommates were incredibly excited, but neither showed it just to keep their cool.

the car ride there proved to be miles less awkward than their last. jisung had connected his own phone to the bluetooth, playing his usual playlist featuring a few of his favorite artists' songs.

it had been a while since jisung had gone out with his friends, so he had good reason to be happy. but seeing jisung happy was all minho needed to feel the same.

minho especially smiled at the way jisung perked up when he saw the usual small chicken and drinks restaurant they always go to. the two boys also spotted their own friends walking in, and trailed in not long after. parking on this street had always been a struggle.

jisung ran to their friends, greeting them with a large smile and several 'let's get drunk tonight~!' 's.

the group then found a seat inside, ordering buckets and buckets of chicken along with drinks for the friends to start with.

it was lighthearted and wholesome. everyone at the table was overjoyed, that is until a few moments later.

the boys were all a little tipsy at this point, with the exception of minho, who had decided a couple drinks would be enough since he was still planning to drive him and jisung home. jisung was delighted with his decision, whereas the other boys decided they'd all take an uber back to their own homes.