fourteen

walking around the apartment the next day felt different.

for both minho and jisung.

no, things weren't silent and awkward. in fact, their friendship had only grown closer.

the two's feelings for each other had changed over night. the vast difference between these new feelings being indescribable.

for jisung, he had finally given up. his heart eyes for his roommate slowly began to fade, and he began viewing their relationship purely as friendship.

minho on the other hand, was quite opposite. as jisung finally accepted his fate, minho's feelings for the boy grew even more.

the apartment was full of friendly tickles and laughs, both boys deciding to skip their classes and work shifts for the day.

the two smiled more than they had in what felt like way too long. the day was comfortable, and the two of them had fun alone together.

but soon, as always, minho's cellphone began to ring. and we all know who was calling.

minho peeled himself off of the couch, leaving jisung to his leftover body warmth left on the couch. jisung pouted and turned on the TV.

meanwhile, minho stood in his room and stared at his phone screen.

his boyfriend. the one he loved, so much. the same boy he'd been chasing after this entire time. but he couldn't lie to himself. he hesitated for a good while before picking up the call.

_____________________

"ah, sorry jisung," minho said, placing his coat on his shoulders. "kangmin wants to go out,"

jisung nodded in response. "nah, it's fine," he smiled. "i mean, why wouldn't it be?"

"right," minho sighed. feeling a slight pang in his heart.

he put his hand on the door and opened it, only to see another boy out in the hallway attempting to walk through the door he had just opened.

"oh! hello, im jeongin," the boy bowed.

mingo recognized his face.

"oh! right, are you here to see jisung?" minho smiled, shaking the boy's hand.

"yeah! he called me over a short while ago,"

minho looked at jisung, who was watching the scene unfold.

"hope you don't mind, min," he scratched his head and smiled. "i had a feeling you'd be going out after kangmin called,"

jisung didn't see how those words hurt minho. the older boy felt strange. he felt guilty.

"of course, silly goose," minho smiled. "have fun you two,"

the younger boys waved the older goodbye, and closed the door as he made his departure.

jeongin immediately took a sandwich from his pocket and tossed it to jisung, running to the couch and throwing himself alongside him.

"sorry if i smell like coffee," he giggled. "gotta get that bread somehow,"

jisung laughed. the two made small conversations and slowly got to know each other better. but soon the conversation got deeper.

jisung laid on the couch, leaving his head to rest in jeongin's lap. jeongin laid his head back, resting it on the edge of the couch.

"the older boy you saw me working with is actually my new stepbrother," jeongin said, no emotion showing. "my mother's been taking care of me alone my whole life. i'm so thankful for woojin and his family, you don't understand."

jisung felt his heart pang with sympathy as he listened to the boy. it was nice to hear him express his feelings after it had been jisung doing so this entire time.

"it was sad, you know. before," he continued. "i could tell she was stressed. lonely too. and to be honest so was i,"

the two made eye contact.

"i never really had friends. i was working to support my mom at this supermarket, i never really had the time to make any considering schoolwork too," jeongin swallowed back tears. "i never liked showing how stressful it was, or how lonely and sad i was. because i know it would only make her feel worse,"

at this point, it was jisung holding back tears.

"thank you too, han jisung,"

tears spilled down their cheeks as they carried on through emotional soft hours, exchanging thousands of thank you's and hugs.

but the two eventually returned to their original position, jisung lying on jeongin's lap like a pillow.

and with tired, swollen eyes the two fell asleep.

and they stayed asleep, even as minho walked through the door.

he looked at the two, sleeping peacefully on the couch. sadness and jealousy running through his blood.

minho let a small smile of defeat rise to his face as he walked to his room. keeping the image of a sleeping jisung cuddling with another boy.

his phone buzzed in his pocket.

kangmin 💞:
had a blast today minmin!
love u :3

if his feelings were a puzzle, the last piece had just found its way in.

all at the wrong time, he thought to himself.