starry night

•Kookie•

Taehyung pulled me into his cold household. "Mom, we're here!" Not even a minute later, Mrs.Kim was standing in front of me and hugging me. I liked her hugs, they were almost like Tae's except I could feel the motherly love. "Where have you been? I've missed having you here." I gave out a small laugh, "Mrs.Kim, I was here two days ago."

"Two days is too long." Before we could continue on with our conversation, Tae pushed me over to his room. "You came to hang out with me, not with my mom." I smiled at how Taehyung wouldn't stop pouting. "You have me all night, so don't worry." He looked up at me with his warm eyes as they crinkled into a smile.

We arrived at his room and enjoyed each other's company. We talked about the future that we wanted, and what we would like to do after graduating. "Kookie let's be friends forever! and then our kids can be friends!" There is that word again, friends. I didn't want to be friends forever, I want to be something else.

The sun had slowly set, letting the moon shine bright beside the stars. Everyone was already in their rooms leaving the house to be filled with silence. "Let's go outside." Tae got up to his window and opened it and climbed out. I quickly followed after him and found him laying on the side roof. I carefully made my way over to where he was stretched out and let myself relax.

"Kookie, you're the best friend I could ever ask for!" I stared at him as he gave me his boxy smile. That smile makes me go crazy. I give him my biggest smile in return. "Well Tae, you're the bestest friend I could ever ask for!" Tae gave out some giggles, "You silly, that's not a word!" I let out a chuckle as he continued to laugh. "Well, it is now because it is describing you."

Everything seemed so perfect at that moment. I didn't want it to end, I just wanted to stay with him until we were tired. However, the beautiful moment became something that I had dreaded. "Kookie, I have something to tell you." It came out as a whisper, he would only whisper when he was nervous. "What is it Tae? You know you can tell me anything. Did someone hurt you?" Millions of thoughts were running through my mind, but I wasn't prepared for his next words.

"I have a boyfriend."

Neither of us said anything as we continued to stare at the stars twinkle above us. I slowly turned to face him and found him fast asleep. He looked so ethereal that I just wanted to protect him from anything that could harm him. I wanted to tell him how much he means to me, but every single time I build the courage, he demolishes it by saying how great of a friend I am. I don't want to be just friends anymore. 

I could feel my heart aching in pain. I looked back at the starry night and continued to let my silent tears roll down my face. Why was this world so cruel to me? Why did I have to fall for my best friend? I couldn't stop crying, this pain just wouldn't fade away. He had a boyfriend and I could do nothing about it. He was no longer mine, he was never mine, to begin with.