tears

kookie

I had woken up and felt nervous about what the day may hold. It was 4 in the afternoon and I was pacing around my room. I was taking out my best friend who I had a crush on. I couldn't believe how everything was changing, but they were good changes. Maybe I will no longer be alone. I stared at myself in the mirror and could see the panic clouding my eyes. I can do this. 

With a final goodbye to my parents, I went out of the house. It was a nice day out with the sun setting. Everything looked peaceful and welcoming. The cool air couldn't change how the outside view was mesmerizing. I finally reached the well-known house and went up to the door. I knocked on the door and waited outside. A breathless Taehyung opened the door.

His gaze met mine and a blush soon decorated his cheeks. My gaze was torn away when I heard a throat being cleared. I looked behind him and saw Mr.Kim standing behind him with his wife. I greeted them and Mr.Kim then spoke up. "Take care of him, Jeon. I want him home before 12, not a second late." I quickly nodded. "Dad! Please don't embarrass me." Taehyung whined while his dad gave out a chuckle. After another warning, we were on our way.

We walked beside each other, our fingers brushing against each other. Unsure of what to do with our hands. Throwing out any reasonable thoughts, I intertwined our hands. The warmth of his hands calmed me down and I knew that everything would be okay. "What about the people who see us?" Taehyung asked. 

I moved closer to him and swung our hands. "What about them? They can enjoy the view. I'm going to continue holding hands with the boy I like." I gave him my bunny smile and soon a smile erupted on his face. We finally reached the first place I had planned. Our traditional cafe. I held the door open for him and we both went inside. Without thinking twice, Taehyung made a beeline to our usual spot. 

A waiter came by and greeted us, "I'm happy to see you both here again!" I smiled at her because I was happy to be here as well. After ordering our drinks, we talked about all the memories we shared. We were giggling again as if were little children talking about our favorite superhero. It's been a while since I felt this happy. I couldn't get rid of the smile that was plastered on my face. 

The drinks that were once in front of us were soon gone. Leaving the cafe after paying, I grabbed Taehyung's hand and left the warmth of the place. The cold air whipped around us, but I didn't mind it. I felt warm just by being near Taehyung. We continued to stroll around the small market place. Fairy lights decorated the streets as stores surrounded us. People were going in and out enjoying each other. Tae continued to point at things in the windows like an excited little kid. 

Not holding himself any longer, he broke free from my hold and ran to the stores. I smiled at how cute he looked and quickly followed him. This continued for some time until his energy had been used up. He quietly trudges back to me and held onto my arm as if I were to disappear. "Let's go to our final place," I whispered out softly to not bother him.

We both continued to walk until the noise of the people around us fade away. The lights are left behind as the moon and stars illuminate the night. The only noise around us were the cars driving by and the sound of our steps. No words were exchanged, but it was comforting. We finally stop at the entrance of the place and Tae stops in his steps. He turns around with a confused look on his face. "Kookie, why are we here?"

I smiled at him and pulled him to me, "this is where we first met." Taehyung's eyes went wide with happiness. I pulled him over to an empty bench and sat us down. I wrapped my arms around him to keep him warm as we sat stargazing. "You know Tae, you are the best thing in my life." Those words seemed to surprise him as he sat up straight and turned to look at me. This was my chance. 

"Kim Taehyung, you have been my best friend for the longest part of my life, and I'm thankful you entered my life. You have taught me many things. You taught me how to enjoy the smallest things in life. You taught me to be grateful for the things I have. You taught me what it means to fall in love. You taught me how it feels to need someone. You know how much I like you, but what you don't know is that I love you. I want to love you for as long as I can. I want to make you the happiest person. I want to be more than friends. Kim Taehyung, will you be my boyfriend?"

Before I could comprehend what was occurring, Taehyung launched himself at me making us both fall onto the ground. I was about to complain but stopped myself when I heard him let out a sob. Fear instantly consumed me, should I have not mentioned anything? Maybe he doesn't want me. "Tae, are you okay? What's wrong?" He didn't reply and pushed his face further into my neck. I could feel the tears running down my neck while I soothed his head. 

We continued to lay there with my arms around him as I did my best to comfort him. Soon the sobs were replaced with small sniffles and he pulled away. His red eyes looked into mine and I was unsure how he felt. His cold hands held my face as he leaned in. When our lips met, I knew everything was going to be okay. After a small peck, we sat up with Tae on my lap. He leaned his head on my shoulder while he continued to stare up at me. 

"Yes, I would love to be your boyfriend. I don't ever want to let you go, so promise me you will stay by my side." I looked down at him and kissed his pouting lips. "I promise to stay by your side." He snuggled closer as we continued to enjoy the presence of each other. 

It may have been a rocky journey, but I knew I wouldn't change it. Everything was worth it because after all, I was finally with the boy I love. 

Dear lovely readers,

I want to thank you all for reading and staying with this fanfic. It is short, but it's because I have other fanfics I wish to work on. I hope you have enjoyed it! I do have other works in case you'd like to check that out. But thank you once again for finishing this story :) I hope you all have a nice day/night and stay safe!!

P.S. I want to give a special thanks to @Goddesseswarrior4238 !! They have been here since the first chapter and it has pushed me to finish this book :)