picnic

•Kookie•
Taehyung had barged in my room exclaiming that we were going on a picnic. After the news he had told me about his boyfriend, I tried my best to keep my distance. I just didn't want to continue to get hurt, but he kept making it hard for me. Every single time I would try to walk away from him, Tae would come running. It wasn't that I didn't want to see him, it was the fact that the topic of all of our conversations was about his boyfriend. 

I sat in my bed ready to go, but I just couldn't get myself to get up and leave. As if Tae knew what I was doing, he came back up to my room with a basket. "Come on slowpoke! I want to go now before it gets any later." I finally stood up and looked at him. He looked as beautiful as always. He was wearing a baggy red striped shirt with loose black pants. It may seem simple, but he made it look like it was meant to be in an expensive store.

We made our way downstairs and said goodbye to my mother. Before leaving, she gave me a wink and wished me luck. If only she knew how much I was hurting inside. Once we decided to walk to the park, Tae intertwined our hands. I tried to pull away, but he gripped our hands tighter. "Kookie, why have you been ignoring me?" His question had caught me off guard. I didn't know how to fully answer him; I couldn't just tell him the truth.

I looked over to my left and noticed how he was pouting as he looked at the ground. I stopped walking, causing him to stop as well. I pulled my hand away from his and messed his hair. "Ya! What kind of nonsense are you talking about? I was not ignoring you. I have just been very busy." I then put my hand over his shoulder and continued to walk again. When I looked at him, I saw that he was no longer pouting; instead, he was smiling so bright. Good, he believed it.

We finally reached the park and Tae pulled me over to a place under a tree. He took out the blanket that he had brought with him and extended it. We both sat across from each other as he continued to talk about everything that has happened at high school. He finally placed all the food in front of us and it seemed more than we could eat.

"Tae, are you sure we will be able to eat all of this?" When I had asked my question, Taehyung started to fidget a little, "Yeah, I think it should be good for us." He pulled out the plates, but I realized he had pulled out three. Before I could question him, he quickly stood up and ran behind me. Everything then clicked and I didn't want to turn, but I knew that I had to.

Taehyung had his arms and legs wrapped around, who I suppose is his boyfriend, while he kissed him. I quickly turned away not wanting to hurt myself anymore. I pushed back my tears as I heard them walk closer to me. They finally sat in front of me, well more like Tae was sitting on his lap while he cuddled into his chest.

"Jungkook, I want you to meet my boyfriend, Do JiHan." I smiled at him and introduced myself. Throughout the picnic, they would continue to flirt and left me to just watch them be happy. I would've never thought of being ignored by Tae, but now that I know how it feels, I hate it. I finally had enough of their flirting and decided to leave.

"Uh, Tae?" He didn't budge from his conversation with JiHan, so I continued to call out. But he never gave me his attention. I got up and just left without them noticing my absence.