late night calls

kookie

I had left Tae behind and decided to take a walk to clear up my thoughts. I finally arrived in the neighborhood and was now looking for the house. I slowly walked up to the steps and raised my hand to the door. I knocked on the door and waited for the door to open. I just wanted to be held and I knew who to go to.

The door opened to reveal a lazy looking Jimin. He looked annoyed, but once he saw me, his face changed into one of worry. I didn't wait for him to invite me in and instead ran into him. We both fell onto the ground as I buried my face in his neck as I let my tears fall. Sobs came out of me as I let out all of the pain I was feeling.

I soon felt Jimin wrap his arms around me, trying to console me and make me feel better. "There there Kookie, I am here for you. Just let it all out." I held tightly onto his shirt, afraid that I won't have him either. We stayed there for a while until I was able to calm down to hiccups. Jimin then got up while I sat there not really feeling like getting up. 

Warmth then covered me making me feel even better. I looked up and was surprised to see Yoongi. He then bent down and picked me up like a baby and took me into the living room. He sat me down beside him while Jimin sat on the other side of me. "What happened Kook?" I bit my lip as I could feel tears coming up again once I remembered the events.

"He doesn't need me anymore. Taehyung found someone better." When those words were let out into the air, it made me realize that there was nothing left for me to do. I tried so hard to not let it affect me, but I knew I could not hide my emotions. I was replaceable and I needed to accept it as soon as possible. 

"What does that mean Kook?" Jimin asked in a quiet tone. I stared at the floor below us, not able to show my pained expression to them. "H-he has a boyfriend. He likes someone else. I gave him everything, I was always there showing that I cared for him, but that was not enough." I slowly laid my head onto Yoongi's shoulder as silent tears escaped my eyes. I no longer wanted to cry, but how was I supposed to stop when all I felt was emptiness. 

"Jungkook, I know this may sound harsh or just hard to accept, but I think you will have to move on. If Taehyung likes someone else, then you will have to back off a bit because he is happy with that person. It will take some time, but maybe right now isn't the time for your love to bloom." The smooth and deep voice of Yoongi brought peace to me. Even if it may seem like it's something cold to say to someone who is heartbroken, it calmed me down. 

He was right, after all, I am not the one who is making him happy. "Thank you. Really, I appreciate you guys, but I have to get going or my mom will probably freak out and then my dad will go searching for me." Yoongi and Jimin got up to lead me to the door. "We will always be here for you Kook, if you need anything else, don't be afraid to ask. You are like our younger brother who we would kill for." Jimin gave me a soft smile before they both gave me a hug.

Once I reached my house, I quietly entered, not wanting to bother my family. "Jungkook, is that you?" My father's deep voice boomed against the living room walls. I came to a halt and slowly turning around. I saw his angry expression soon turned into one of worry. "Kook, what happed? Why were you crying?" I cursed my red puffy eyes and walked closer to him.

"Nothing to worry dad. Just didn't have a good day today." My dad gave my shoulder a squeeze and then a soft pat on my back, "Don't hold your emotions in. It's okay for men to show weakness. Now go get some rest, you need it." I smiled at him and gave him a hug before ascending the stairs and into my room.

I was finally in my bed when I received an incoming call from Tae. I stared at the phone not wanting to answer, but I knew I could never deny his call.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Kookie! Why did you not say goodbye earlier?"

"I didn't want to interrupt your conversation with your boyfriend."

"Oh, you didn't have to worry! I talk to him all the time so a little time wouldn't hurt."

I remained quiet, not knowing what else to say. With just him talking about his lover made me feel like knives were stabbing at me over and over. 

"Kookie, are you still there? Are you okay?" 

"Yes Tae, I'm okay. I'm just so happy you have someone that makes you happy. You deserve the best. "