i'm here

kookie

After waiting for almost an hour, the lady came up to us with a grim face. "I'm sorry to inform you, but Taehyung has been moved to a nearby hospital. His condition is not the best and is suffering from several injuries. The police will be waiting for him to regain consciousness to question him over the events." With the news, it felt like the air had been punched out of me. He isn't okay, nothing's okay. 

I tuned everything out and just kept thinking of Tae's condition. How bad were his injuries? I snapped out of my thoughts when my mom started dragging me out of the building and into the car. With both families, we rushed towards the hospital were Taehyung was being taken care of. This time, I wasn't the first one in the building. I didn't want to go in. I couldn't bring myself, I just kept feeling guilty. 

I stood there watching Tae's parents rushing inside to see their son. My mom was following but soon stopped when she realized I wasn't following them. She was about to come closer, but I pressed closer to the car as if to tell her that I wasn't ready yet. She gave a slight nod and walked away. I felt my dad walk closer to be and lean against the car next to. 

"You know this is not your fault?" His warm hand rubbed my arm in comfort. I turned to stare at the ground, preparing myself for what I was to say. Tears started falling from my eyes, and I slowly turned to face my dad. "I love him, I'm so sorry, but I can't stop feeling this way." I wanted to say more and tell him I'm sorry for disappointing him. But I couldn't. Sobs replaced my next words as I fell apart in front of my dad. 

I felt him pull me closer to him in a warm embrace. My eyes widen by his actions, not expecting him to do this. "Don't you ever be sorry. Your mom and I kind of already knew. You know as parents we just sometimes have that feeling. When I first understood that you might have started developing feelings for another boy, I was in shock. I won't lie and say that I wasn't disappointed. I was distraught because I always thought of you being with a lovely lady." 

Was he supposed to make me feel better? His words caused me to continue crying. I soon felt him pull away and grab my face with his huge hands. "But I understood that I wasn't going to lose my son just because of my stupid thoughts. I love you and I will always be beside you. You ever need some advice, I will do my best to help. Your mom and I are proud of who you are and you should never be sorry, okay? I will be here for you whenever you need me. I'm here"