THREE

"Y-you have a boyfriend?" Trent stuttered. "Ali and Kirsty said you broke up."

I rolled my eyes and glared at Kirsty. She had always disliked Rafinha, so it was probably her.

"No we didn't" I said rolling my eyes. "We're just going through a difficult time, that's all."

Suddenly my phone rang, catching both of our attentions.  I looked at the caller ID and I saw Trent look too. It was Rafinha, so I quickly excused myself and went to the room I was staying in at Kirsty's house and answered.

"Hi" I said in a monotone voice.

"Hi" he answered, a little bit more excited than usual.  Weird.

"How's your knee?" I asked.

"Good, good. Getting better" he answered. "How was the game?" He asked.

"Bloody amazing!" I shrieked as he laughed.

"When are you coming back to Barcelona?" he asked once his laughter died down and the atmosphere turned awkward again, something that shouldn't happen between a couple that had been dating for two years.

"I'm leaving Liverpool tomorrow. I think we need to talk when I get back" I said softly.

"Sure" he said and let out a shaky breath giving away that he was nervous. "I have to go now, I'm going to be late"

"Where are you going?" I asked curiously.

"Oh, Ivan invited us to dinner at his house, he told us this morning" he answered.

"Oh, okay. Have fun and tell them I say hi" I said and hung up the phone after we said our goodbyes. I sighed and sat down on the edge of the bed. It was already midnight, so I decided to get some sleep seeing as my plane had to leave at 6 am and I had to wake up at 4 am.

The day after.

I touched down in Barcelona and got out of the private plane. My driver was there waiting for me, as I didn't know how to drive in Barcelona. I got in the car and the driver drove off.

We arrived in front of mine and Rafinha's mansion after a 30 minute drive. I went in the hose and I could hear Rafa playing FIFA in the living room. I laughed to myself and walked there. When he saw me he smiled and paused the game. He got up slowly and walked over to me using his crutches.

"Welcome home" he said, hugging me and pressing a kiss to my lips.

"He actually kissed my lips, that's strange" I thought to myself.

"Hi" I said and kissed him back. I sat down on the couch and thought about how I was gonna tell him  that we should break up.

"What did you wanna tell me?" he asked, sitting down next to me and resting his knee on a pillow.

"I-I think we should break up" I said and looked at the floor. There was an awkward silence. After around 5 minutes he looked up at me with red eyes and tears on his cheeks.

"Why?" he asked, his voice breaking in the middle of the question.

"I-I feel like we're as close as strangers" I said and looked away. Seeing him cry made me want to cry too, as I'm very sensitive.

"Okay" he sighed. I got up and went to what used to be our shared bedroom to pack my stuff. I spent about an hour and a half packing. At some point I heard the doorbell ring and a bunch of voices. I peeked from the top of the stairs and saw the Barcelona team. I managed to fit everything in three suitcases. I started to take them down one by one, as I obviously couldn't take them down at once.

I took two suitcases down at the same time and when I put them by the front door I gave the players that were still in the hall a small awkward smile then went back up the stairs to get my other suitcase. I suddenly heard footsteps behind me going up the stairs too so I turned around to see who it was. I saw Antonella (Lionel Messi's wife)

"Oh hey Anto" I said, giving her a smile and a light hug. Then I started walking back to what used to be mine and Rafa's bedroom. She followed me and when we entered the room she looked at my packed bags, then looked back at me.

"Raf is absolutely broken" she said, sitting on the bad. I sighed and went to sit next to her.

"Will you look out for him?" I asked her. "Even though we're not together anymore I don't want anything bad happening to him." She nodded as I laid back on the bed, staring at the ceiling.

"I don't think he'll stop fighting for you, Maya. He really loves you. Yesterday when we were at Ivan's place he was telling us about ho-" she started, but stopped halfway through the sentence.

"He was telling you what Anto?" I asked sitting up straight again.

"H-he was telling us how much he missed you" she said, but I could tell she was lying. I gave her a look that literally said "Bitch stop lying to me" and she sighed.

"He was telling us that he was gonna propose to you" she said quietly. I could feel my eyes widening and I started to choke on my own spit.