NINE

Once Zoe arrived, I let her settle down whilst I went to order some dinner. She was only staying for a week, so she didn't have a lot to unpack, which meant she got settled pretty quickly.

When our takeaway dinner arrived, we sat on the couch with Frozen 1 playing in the background. We had both watched the movie, so we weren't really paying attention to it, we were too busy catching up. I told her about what happened with Rafinha and Kirsty and she was telling me about her life.

"So" she sighed. "Me and Joe broke up".

"What?! Why?!" I asked quite shocked.

"Our careers just kept getting in the way, it was a mutual decision." I noticed she was trying to hold back her tears, so I moved closer to her and hugged her.

"Remember your last heartbreak? When that asshole Kyle tried to play you when we were 17?" I asked, trying to lighten up the mood,

"Yeah, he ended up with a broken jaw and broken glasses" she giggled.

"Excuses you bitch, I ended up with 2 broken acrylics!" I exclaimed.

"Maya. I'm so thankful you defended me, but you ended up in so much trouble because of that fight!" she laughed.

"The asshole deserved what he got" I said, flipping my hair over my shoulder. "Remember Dan?"

"Remember how much you cried over him?" she laughed.

"We were talking for over two months, then he was like 'we're just friends', of course I'm gonna cry over him. And in my defence I was only 16, I was naive" I laughed.

"Oh and we can't forget about Jake" she shrieked, laughing at my horrible 16 year old love life. "What did you even see in him, he looked like a freaking egg!"
"It's as if he had like, this massive rebound label written on him. I mean, yeah, it was a shitty move from my side, but when I wanted to take everything slow and not rush into a relationship he barely agreed and when I wanted to end things he kept forcing me!" I rambled.

"He was so annoying bloody hell" she giggled. I smiled. My plan of distracting her from Joe worked. I mean, yeah, we were laughing at my past, horrible relationships but at least it got her to smile.

When I woke up the next day, I decided to go make us some waffles. I put on my dressing gown and grabbed my phone and went downstairs to the kitchen.

I mixed everything and whilst the first waffle was baking, I started looking through my phone. I was looking through my instagram Dms and one particualr message caught my eye. It was from the one and only Trent Alexander-Arnold.

 It was from the one and only Trent Alexander-Arnold

I smiled and locked my phone. Maybe, just maybe, my love life would get better.