spark

i followed sebastian to a room "since you have a child with you, the young lord decided it might be best if both rooms are nearby.the last thing the young master wants is a child bothering him in the middle of the night" sebastian opened a door that led to pastel blue themed room." this room will be for the child" he smiled, luke ran inside.he jumped on the bed, his eyes wandering in the room.he dropped his luggage at the floor of his bed, ignoring it.

quite kid like of him to move past it, the day i killed someone to save him.

"it's very nice, thank you!" he grins before flopping on the bed, "it's so warm!" he moves his arms and legs as if he was making a snow angel.

"come on buddy, don't you want to see where i'm going to be in?" i smiled, luke quickly gathered himself and ran to me.

"your room is over here" he walks to the room next to Lukes's, peeking inside.it was a pastel f/c theme.

"your room is pretty!" luke runs inside, opening everything that can be opened.

"i do hope it fits to your liking" sebastian smiles

"i could care less" i set my suitcase on the bed "it's fine" i muttered before picking up luke "now you gotta be in your best behavior" i smiled, poking his nose.

"yes miss! i'll be a good cleaner!" he saluted with a goofy grin on his face.

"i already set up your closest with your uniform, and as requested, you got male uniforms." i nod my head.

"yes, thank you" i look at the butler

"for the child, we will have to buy some in the town square. for now, he can wear the young master's old clothes. for now, as your first day, meet me in the kitchen once your done changing" he turns and leaves, closing the door behind him.

i sat on the new bed, with luke staring at me "what?i got something on my face?" i ask in a childish voice.

he giggled at my comment "no, your face is clean" he grins

"alright i got to change, go see if you got any clothes if your room" i patted his head before dropping him to the ground.i watch the kid run out of the room, closing the door behind him. my finger fidgeting with my , my head full of second thoughts about this choice.i patted my stomach as it growled in hunger. this demon inside is gulping the bodies like it's water, because of this thing. it's making me eat more."i should be able to handle it for a few hours with coffee" i look at the clock before at the wardrobe.

-

i fixed my black coat, i pulled my hair back with a brush.trying to look more formal"i have to make this quick" i slipped on my white gloves before walking out the room. i walked to luke's room, curious what he is wearing.opening the door i noticed he wasn't inside.i turned my head to the hall, inhaling the smell.i could smell luke, he wasn't far but his scent was mixed with a bitter scent and three other humans.

i pressed my lips together as i made my way to where the smell was coming from.i enter inside to see luke behind sebastian as he scolds the three humans that been dusted with burned ashes.

"yes but the kid got in the way of me flamethrower" the male complained.

"for the last time, you don't use a flamethrower when cooking" sebastian sighs.

"but food is art-!"

"miss!" my eyes moved to luke who was running to me.his eyes full of fear, his skin and clothes stained with black ashes.i bend down to his level

"what happened?" i ask, taking my gloves off.i used my fingers to rub it away but only a bath would clean him up.as for the clothing, i'm not sure they can be saved.

"the man was going to blow up the kitchen.i told him not to but he did it anyway and i got burned!" he cried.

"did you get burned or just covered in the ashes?" i ask, holding his arm, i noticed his flinch, more tears swelled in his eyes from the touch."are you hurt?" he shook his head, "luke, are you in pain?" i ask again and again he shook his head "so if i look at your arm, i won't see anything?"

" it's nothing" he only stares at me. i held his arm as i slowly pulled the sleeve up to uncover his arm "it's nothing, i promise!" on his arm he had a big bubble on his arm. his skin was lifted up from the flesh due to the liquid in between. he got burned by the flame thrower

"it nothing" luke finishes.i glared at the dirty blonde haired man. he noticed my glare, he backed away in fear i would kill him.which seems like a good choice.

"oi, he shouldn't be in the kitchen anyway!" he shouted

"What kind of cook uses a flamethrower?" i glared at him." food is art, but using dangerous fire such as the flamethrower isn't!" i look back at luke.he was crotched down on his knees, his arms shielding his head "what are you doing?"i ask, tapping his shoulder in confusion

"aren't you going to hit me for not hiding the boo boo?" i stared at him."mama and daddy always punished me for making a mess and if i could hide the boo boos.they got mad when people would ask about it. so they told me to wait outside on the street, i'm still waiting for them to come back with candy like they promised "

i sat there, speechless.what can i say to him that won't tramaized him? the scars on his body didn't start when he was left outside, he been haing them since he could remember. his words brought bitter memories, but yet inside there was that small part that didn't care about any of it. the demon is affecting my mortal emotions. but the kitchen was silent, so silent you could hear animals scattering, no one dared to speak. we all just stared at the boy, shocked by his words. this boy endured the muliple punishments thinking it was right and normal.

"so...you aren't the mom?" i glared at the tall idiot

"bard, that wasn't so nice to say right now" the maid hushed him.

"come on kid" i held out my arms waiting for him to release himself from the little bubble he created for himself.he lifted his head up, tilting it to the side

"you aren't going to punish me?' i shook my head

"come on, i'll help you get washed then we'll make something sweet to eat, alright?" i pick up the kid. i poke his nose, smiling at him pretending the events didn't happen. his eyes widen

"like chocolate cake!and cookies!" he says exictedly before listing more sweet deserts that he will only be able to enjoy.

"yes, we make any desert you want" i turn to the exit of the kitchen with luke in my arms.i turn my head towards them "my name is y/n l/n, it's nice to meet you.i hope we can work well together" i spoke before walking out of the room.

-

i stared blankly at the sink as i washed the plates.the water splashing on my hand then back to the bowl.i sigh "what do you want?" i ask, not bothering to turn around.

"as you are aware my master and i are on a mission for jack the riper-"

"yes i'm aware, if i am not needed then i have something to do before dawn" my hand grabbed the last wet plate before drying it."so am i needed or not?" i ask bluntly

"no young lord didn't speak of needing you" i nod my head, i turn to my steaming cup of coffee, my hand picking it up.i held it to my lips, siping the warm drink.

"good" i turn back to the sink to wash the teacup.

"so it's true ghouls can only drink coffee?i wonder what's so good about it, your kind can only enjoy one human thing" i rolled my eyes.my hands wiping the water on my pants before slipping on my gloves." wiping your hands on your uniform pan-"

"oi it's just water, it's not going to stain.besides you know all the facts about my kind, so stop bothering me" i narrowed my eyes "go find another to bother, that maid seems to take a liking to you" i scoff before walking past him, i felt a small electric stinging under my collarbone underneath my clothing. i flinched from the sudden pain "what hell you do!" i snap at the butler.

he looked at me with confusion "what do you mean?".i pressed my lips together

"nothing!" i quickly made my exit out of the kitchen to get away.i could feel the color all drained from my face, my body was shaking from the single thought.

'the spark of two fated lovers'