coffee

y/n didn't sleep at all

she stared at the wall, still the events hasn't soaked in deep enough. there were moments where she touched her spine or looked at herself in the mirror to see if she has any marks. not matter how many times she touched or looked at it, she always was surprised that nothing was there. but during the long night she started feeling sharp pains in her guts. feeling the emptiness inside. she knew that she only been consuming coffee and coffee ice cubes. it surprised her that it lasted her quite long. the pain would disappear then appear, almost hours later it finally disappeared.

"hungry"

when she saw the rising sun, she sigh, again she wasted another night. in the mirror the corner on her eyes were pink with a light shade of purple underneath. she rolled to her bed, hiding underneath the blanket sharing the body heat with graham. she reached and ruffled his hair, before attempting to sleep in the few hours she has left.

in the end, she just laid there with her eyes closed. she curled up into a ball, feeling the sharp pain again.

-

"good morning, dear" undertaker strode in the kitchen, ruffling y/n's hair. y/n groaned a 'morning' before thumping her head on the table, staying there. he boiled water with the tea and also put some coffee to boil. and waited."did you sleep?" he asked. at this point it he wasn't a surprised when she said no. but that was the only thing he thought of since he wanted to hear her voice.

"no" y/n sat up, throwing her head back.

"that was very forceful, you almost snapped your neck in half"

"morning" y/n's eyes landed on a sleepy graham. he slowly walked and sat next to y/n."sorry if i kept you up" he mumbles, poking her arm. y/n sat up again, she smiled

"the precious boy, he oh so caring, isn't he?it would be a shame-"

"no of course not" she smiled before her eyes lit up.she turned to undertaker "oh--unnie, i'm going out today--later today i mean--not right at this moment"

undertaker raised brows. it was a small concern since y/n didn't go outside as much. what was the sudden burst? "is that so?would you like to tell me?" undertaker asked, as he poured the tea into cups. he cringed of how much of a parent he sounded. he tried to avoid that. but as it seems, with y/n practically acting like a child he put himself in that position ever since he brought her to his parlor.

"i want to visit the local library to do some reading. surely i can do something, i only been wondering around here since i came here" she smiled. she held out her hands, curling her fingers motioning for the coffee.

"it's too hot for your mouth. remember how you have a cat like tongue" undertaker teased with a chuckled."it's sensitive to heat"

"it smells nice-" y/n stopped herself with a groan. her face contorted into pain as she curled away."please-" she groaned, holding her stomach.her stomach let out loud groans in pain.

"are you okay!" graham panicked. like any other kid. he moved from both sides of her trying to comfort her. repeatly he asked that question, but got no answer.

undertaker stared at her with pity and frustration. he knew this would happen soon but he still hasn't have the slight idea on how he would feed her. of course with the child like and human mind she has, she still haven't dared to think of ingesting human flesh. if she was fed then she would think of herself as a monster, in fear she would be in. sneaking that food in--how would he do it? ghouls eat flesh, raw because of painful hunger.

defeated, he slipped some ice cubes into the mug and slid it to her. graham grabbed the mug and pulled it closer to y/n "here" he poked y/n's shoulder. slowly she uncurled herself, staring at the coffee. she already knew the taste, imprinted on her tongue already without sipping. the taste made her cringe, she didn't want it."y/n you have to drink it, coffee is the only thing that can surfice your hunger"

graham turned to undertaker with confusion."only thing?" his voice almost came out as a whisper.undertaker avoided his gaze, graham knew that ghouls ingest human flesh but he didn't dare say out loud. how could coffee be the only thing she'll eat? when they met, she had a small meal on the man that was beating him. she ate him savagely yet cleanly.

"for some reason whatever i eat, i puke it out. coffee is the only thing that stays in my stomach" she mumbled, staring at the mug.she slowly reached for it and held it in her fingers. she sipped the coffee, she ended up gulping the entire thing down her throat. she wiped her mouth with her arm, setting the cup down."it seems coffee isn't enough today" she mumbled

undertaker hesitated on letting y/n leave the parlor. he had to come up with a reason to keep her home. it was a risk that y/n could get caught by the doves or would attack someone. he wasn't worried that a human would attack her because he worried for that family when the corpse reaches his parlor. it seems the doves was a problem. but y/n is known for being stubborn, she would demand a good reason.

"maybe you should stay here instead of going. maybe tomorrow you can go to the library" undertaker says "you must be sick"

"is she dying?" graham asked with worried eyes. complete panic because when he finally finds his home--place, the person he looks up to is--dying?! a wave of regret washed him, he should have never went with his parents, he should have revealed himself sooner--

"no" both y/n and undertaker said in unison.

"of course, i'm not dying" y/n says, pulling graham closer. graham leaned to her touch, his smell filling her lungs.her mouth water as her fingers squish on his arm, feeling his flesh and fat. graham felt to comforted to bother thinking about what y/n was doing.

"if something happened to him"

y/n stared at the boy through his hair, her eyes twitching, pupils flashing red. she didn't realize what she was doing, she was under his trace--she felt too hungry.

undertaker watched the scene. he worried for what would happen to the boy. surely it'll kill y/n if she were to eat him. but he would come back, he always does. his soul cannot go to hell nor heaven, he is bound to earth. no matter how many times he died he would come back in a different family possibly with a new name. but the name 'luke' will always stick to him.

because he was cursed to exist no matter what