i'll be good

I thought I saw the devil
This morning
Looking in the mirror, drop of rum on my tongue
With the warning
To help me see myself clearer

quietly i swept the main hall. my body swaying as a move the broom to move the dirt together.i could faintly hear luke frolicking with the other servants, i smiled softly feeling a little proud or was it pride? despite him not being my child, it feels...nice to take care of someone and teach them things.i grab the dustpan, sweeping the dirt into it i walked to the trashcan with pride in my chest, it's a nice feeling

i inhaled a breath, all the human scents all mixing together making a lovely aroma. i felt my mouth water "maybe i should pay undertaker a visit" i whispered, walking to a window with a rag in hand. as i cleaned i noticed the strange red glimmer in the moon." maybe leaving luke over there would be a good idea" i mumbled, continuing to work.still my eyes kept moving to the faded full moon in the bright blue sky.never was i able to see it, now seeing it.it looked beautiful but i saw past its charm. the secret practically scared me, scaring away the pride.

I never meant to start a fire
I never meant to make you bleed
I'll be a better man today

i felt tired since lately, it has been a harder task to fall asleep. the unneeded sleep that demons don't need is keeping me up. my mind filled with endless thoughts, being so bored and tired.feeling practically numb, it was tempting to find a way to physical be harmed or to feel something so it would put my sanity at ease.my eyes would be dry by morning with the fainted purple underneath my eyes. i yearn to sleep all night without a care.

my eyes stung from the bright sun in my eyes, almost blinding me." this is a nightmare". as my hand moved over the glass, cleaning the window. my ring always tapped against the glass, annoying me.i stared at golden jewelry, still, i can feel his presence.at the late hours, i would remember him as if it happened yesterday.my mind would be thinking of jack, guilt-tripping me. the sweet memories of him, i remember his touches and soft words he always said to me.at At this rate I'll lose my sanity.i bet if i were to fall asleep, it would be in a coma for years to come.

'i love you so much, y/n!"

'my lovely kitten!'

my future spouse of my children!'

'names jack, what is yours?'

"I'm not lonely" i mumbled, staring blankly at the window as my hand moved mindlessly to clean it.

I'll be good, I'll be good
And I'll love the world, like I should
Yeah, I'll be good, I'll be good
For all of the time
That I never could

"kitten?" i felt myself pulled back to reality by his voice.my body slightly jumping from the sudden sting on my collarbone but soon became accustomed to the sensation. even at night when i lay awake, sebastian would pass by to do some work. him being a within the radiation of me helps my wide awake mine stay at ease with the pain.

"hmm?' i turned my head, facing the taller demon. he stared down at me,

"were you even listening to a single word i said?" i stared at him in confusion

"you were talking?' i tilt my head, shifting my body towards him.

"yes, but I'll have to repeat since you didn't hear anything"

"sorry" i mumbled, turning to the window, proceed to wipe the windows down

My past has tasted bitter
For years now
So I wield an iron fist
Grace is just weakness
Or so I've been told