calming

feeling powerful, it was a satisfying feeling. but behind it there was a frightening feeling. so scary to see how harmful and dangerous you can be, but satisfying to empower those who wronged you. it was going to be a wonder how y/n would come down from that high step she put herself on.

bodies--bones were sprinkled throughout the field. that how y/n left it. as she had a endless hunger, she had to eat them to calm it. she avoided mirrors or anything reflective. the sight of her was unsettling. but almost anything was reflective, it was basically a impossible task.

closing her eyes, her kagune slowly fell apart, floating away like dust. it left behind the large open gap in the back of the shirt. her skin turned back to her color, her wet hair matted to her skin. although she wouldn't admit it, that women's words stuck to her like honey. how she called her a monster, freak or y/n ruined her life.

she shuddered when the chilled air hit her warm skin. home, she thought. she turned to the house, it now had more damaged how that the fight was over. she stood there, before slowly turning then starts her quest back.

-

y/n hasn't taken a break, it wasn't that she needed it. there wasn't really a reason why, she just felt like it. although with how she looked, she caught eyes of people passing by. no matter what they always seemed annoying and weak. y/n knew she looked homeless for sure. she knew she had to resume before police got involve.

slowly she got to her feet. she smoothed her clothes then started to walk again. with how much she walked, surely her feet would have bled if she was human. lucky her. she giggled, at her own joke trying to uplift her dark mood.

"h-hey!" that voice seemed to stand out so clearly in the crowd of people. "you, m-ma'am" y/n curiously turned around and saw someone looking at her. their eyes on y/n, they looked familiar. "yeah-yeah, you!" that person owned that clear voice. and they seemed to be pointing at y/n, she stopped walked and watched them walk over to her "h-hey" they smiled

y/n raised a brow "hello?" she didn't bother to smile, it probably make her look more weird then she already does. they smiled before fixing their hair out of their face. their face seemed more familiar but still couldn't realize."do i, uh know you" y/n didn't realize how dry her voice was. how weird it was to speak after the long period of time.

their face lit up, "ah, makes sense you wouldn't--come! i have a house not far from here" hesitantly they grabbed y/n's hands before pulling them behind them. "sorry if you are busy, it won't take long" y/n didn't argue, personally she didn't mind. for a long time she was surrounding by people and their loud chattering. she didn't mind the little touch if it just stays there.

-

the person was right, the walk wasn't long. already they stood in front of a little cozy house, it had a feminine touch to it. the colors painted outside and the little garden with much more. y/n wasn't sure what to call the rest of the decorative things.

"sorry for just pulling you out randomly, here!" the person went and unlocked the door. they turned and motioned y/n in, she willingly followed. unworried for the person's intentions, or if they aren't harmless. the person had a human, pure scent. just a ordinary person.

y/n walked inside, it had so much blooming color, animals roamed around. little dogs, cats and birds. it almost looked like a greenhouse with the amount of flowers, fruit and vegetables. in the corner there was a little workshop with jewelry, homemade. "h-here, I'll make a cuppa coffee!--oh i won't add anything do you won't worry!" they added the last part seeing y/n's reaction. it was like...-

within seconds of entering the room inside, animals surrounded her. the room was calming, helpful there were animals. she leaned and petted the animals, they didn't really mind the blood or anything. "lovely home you have" y/n's voice came as a whisper.

"thanks!" they says, setting two cups. "there, this is yours" they moved the plain pink mug to y/n, keeping the heartsy one for themselves."ah" they took a sip then smiled.

"i-"

"oh! i need to explain! i-i know you said to forget what happened and everything--but i just can't. i-i'm uh the one you saved a few weeks ago!remember that crazy killer that jumped me?" they smiled. the pieces clicked together, how it was making sense. "i wanted to talk to you! i-i mean i wanted to talk you for saving me. people would pass by and ignore me because y-you know-!"

"yes," she nodded "i remember you, i...i was scared i harmed you because i blacked out in those events. didn't help you were gone when i woke up" y/n peeked into the steaming mug of coffee.

"ah- yes! i wasn't harmed much really. you swung the lady off of me, to be ho-honest when i saw you i was scared you would hurt me" they spoke, lowering their gaze. "but you helped me to my feet and told me to go home and forget everything. although thinking over, i realized you wouldn't hurt me so i just--had to see you again!"

y/n's eyes scrunch together "forget you? i really forgot everything, sorry. but i'm...glad you're alright" reaching she grabbed the coffee, sipping it.

"don't worry i didn't do anything!--ghouls can't eat anything so i made sure to just have it plain. i know ghouls are-are normally like uh known for being dangerous and all. b-but i realized not all are like bad, and you are one of them" they smiled.

y/n just gave a small smile "thank you for not reporting me..." y/n paused, she realized she wasn't given a name. "what do i call yo-"

"Oh! please forgive me-- my name is just owen" they smiled. even if y/n barely knew this owen, she felt calm and felt human. she felt okay and at peace with herself in this calming room. y/n inhaled the background plants and baked goods she could smell from the kitchen. she gave a genuine smile, her eyes felt as if all the pain disappeared, she felt light.

she felt calm and cooled from that power raging inside."it's nice to meet you, owen. my name is y/n l/n"