poor expensive couple

days have passed, y/n adjusted to being at the parlor. the dead bodies didn't bother her as much as she thought it would. she as before, became very close with the little boy. she was surprised that anyone would abandon him like that, nevertheless she's grateful that she picked him up. but as the days passed, she became more tired. the nights started to become long with her sleeping hours shrinking on time. she could never sleep long without waking up in cold sweat from a very terrible nightmare.

but it didn't affect her daily routine, the only evidence was her tired red eyes and dark spots under her eyes. of course she would get occasional headaches and is able to be distracted, so distracted if one one wakes her up she would stay there for hours at a time.the events that took place or the little bits of memories from that manor would clog up her head as she tried to figure it out.

"y/n?" y/n's eyes batted as she was brought out of her thoughts. she saw luke sitting next to her, her eyes moved to her hands and saw she held a children's book. her eyes moved around the room, they both sat on y/n's bed with the sinking sun slowly since this happens often, he pointed at the sentence she was last on "you are here" he whispered, leaning to against her arm for comfort. y/n coughed, before continuing to read. finishing the page, y/n paused, trying to wrap her mind around what she missed.

"y/n, what's your birthday?" y/n turned, birthday never occurred to her.

"i...don't know" she mumbled with a sigh, already a growing headache pounding in her head.

luke lit up, like a lamp "mine is in a few days--well that's what undertaker said"

"really?" y/n smiled, wrapping her arms around the boy. "yeah--can we make that chocolate cake again! like-like what we did at the big fancy mansion?!" Luke jumped with excitement like any other kid.

"c-cake?" y/n repeated with raised brows."i don't recall baking a cake?" the sound of it sounded nice but it disgusted her stomach.thinking about the taste made her recoil with invisible gag.

"i remember!you showed me" he smiled "it's pretty easy maybe Adrian could help!" he gleamed before sitting back down."that will be...amusing....right?" he turned to y/n. another attempt of a big word, he stares hoping he used it right. she nodded her head with a smile

"yes, it'll be amusing" she smiled. the small moments together gave a tender feeling in their guts.a feeling neither both have ever felt before.never have Luke felt this with his family, the feeling made him fit in...feel happy. luke leaned against her in satisfaction. "can you sing me that song?" he whispered. the song he request is the soft humming Adrian would sing to y/n when she woke up from a nightmare or when he worked around the parlor. they both have the melody in their heads. she leaned to Luke's touch, closing her eyes as she collected the lyrics that she managed to remember

"I can dim the lights and sing you songs full of sad things. We can do the tango just for two. I can serenade and gently play on your heart strings. Be your Valentino just for you" she sang softly unsure if undertaker is asleep or awake. "Ooh love ooh lover boy. What're you doin' tonight, hey boy. Set my alarm, turn on my charm. That's because I'm a good old-fashioned lover boy" inhaling another breath, the front door opened and chatty people entered inside. they both paused and listened to what they spoke, it wasn't hard since they spoke so loud.

y/n's nose caught their scent, a couple because of their mixed scents. tempted, y/n got up and slowly walked to the front with Luke behind her. she walked around the corner and smiled "hello" she smiled with a wave. "i wasn't expecting to have customers this late"

"ah dearie" undertaker motioned for y/n. she walks next to him, standing in front of the two.the couple wore expensive clothing, jewels and spoke as if they were lords. terrible actors, y/n thought. poor is what they are after being bankrupt."they come to see for the arrangements for the funeral for their late mother, died from heart attack"

"I'm sorry for your loss" y/n smiled pitifully. the couple smiled

"my mother--mother-in-law was a very lovely women.i'm glad i got to meet her" the women smiled, dabbing a tissue on her teary eye.

"I'm very glad my mother is resting in peace after being alone for so long." the man smiled, patting his wife's shoulders.

y/n's vision started to get hazy.the corners began to blurry out everything but their faces.she watched their faces twisted around, white eyes and smiles. it was almost like they had no emotion--empathy towards others. they seemed to walk forward, closer to y/n but she stood frozen in place. she only could move her head. she looked at undertaker for help but he stood frozen, unaware of what's happening.

the couple stood in y/n's space bubble, the air becoming suffocating. it was like every breath she took never reached her lungs, only small amounts but not enough to fill them. her body felt cold with their warmth surrounding her. the man reached and grabbed her face, pulling her lips to force a smile.the couple's eyes turned black as the women laid her hands on y/n's neck. her fingertips touching, the women began to put force on her neck, making less air able to escape or enter her lungs.y/n felt her fingernails digging at the back and front of her neck, it felt as if it were enough to draw blood. their muffled voices sounding like laughter.

her racing blood was so loud, the pounding feeling her head had sound--loud and physical.the helpness feeling, it was a feeling she didn't like. with a blink of an eye, y/n began coughing and gagging as she saw the couple inpaled. a small body sat in front of them, staring up at them, the boy turned and looked at y/n.his eyes weren't white or black like the couple, they were pink. he had a strange marking on his collar--

"y/n?" y/n practically fell over, undertaker held her in his arms to keep her steady. her skin was cold with sweat rolling down her body by the force of gravity. finally she was able to get air in her lungs, she couldn't stop breathing so heavily."are you alright, dearie?"

"are you alright?" the male spoke happily with the worried tone. slowly she turned towards the couple to see the women in tears.they couple kneeled, hugging luke. luke stood stiff, barely attempting to hug the women as she drowned him in kisses.

"th-thank you!!thank you so m-much for bringing our son back!"