Deja vu

the boy had his attention only on y/n, he wanted to watch himself die and know the cause of it. he dared to stare at the eyes of death. unexpectedly her head fell on his lap, motionless."young master" the butler spoke, breathing heavily, towering over them both.

quickly the boy fixed his expression, he angrily stared at the demon "useless demon, i was almost killed" he yelled. "and get her off of me!" he shouted, noting the girl. surely he knew she wasn't dead but asleep, he felt her breathing. he watched Sebastian slowly and gently pull y/n off of his small lap.

i will always come to same you from yourself even if you don't want me to.i will always save you

"what in the bloody hell is wrong with her?" the boy demanded angrily. no surprise there, it's past midnight, he and almost in the room is covered with blood; that surprised him that both entities have so much blood, the bed was torn up, broken things all over. it was a complete mess. "why did she suddenly become a manic!"

"she isn't in her right mind" the butler answered, staring at the boy. "is this possibly be what she warned about?"

"never mind that- shouldn't you get a damn doctor?" the boy questions, staring at the sleeping female in his butler's arm." or is this a normal action for ghouls on this specific day and time?"

"no, it's possible couldn't. but a doctor isn't a good idea, the moment she is found out to be a ghoul. she will be hunted down and killed by doves who work for the queen. you might possibly go to prison for keeping a ghoul under protection as well, it'll ruin the outlook for the phantomhive estate. " Sebastian states

"i-i know that! besides, why didn't you just kill her already?" ciel demanded. it was fairly obvious that was his reasoning for wanting to hire her. after being saved, the butler pestered him about her, wanting to know what she looked and small details the boy didn't pay attention to. but it seemed that when he mentioned that she wore a ring, either she's wedded or is engaged. that detail bothered the butler mainly. it was clear it bothered him but never did think more of it. "isn't that what you planned? killing her for a midnight snack--isn't that why you came here?" he expected an immediate answer but didn't get one.

he turned his head to y/n's relaxed face then at Sebastian's. which the boy tried to think what was going on why it seemed like deja vu. Sebastian stared at y/n's face, it held multiple scratches of self-harm. the blood dried and the wounds already healed. no one would believe this is y/n by her state. but still, he wondered why his actions caused this to happen? even if it was trauma, no one would react this way. memory loss doesn't occur..or does it? does he really not understand how human work? despite y/n being something people refer to as a monster, she's human because she can be killed and has these emotions that come in the package for being human.

now that it was peaceful and quiet, he felt something old. her aura wasn't human- mortal. only faintly he could feel her soul, did he eat most of it? him knowing it was a fault it left a strange feeling. but not knowing exactly what action caused this, caused more harm since he doesn't know her situation. a confusing being she is, but it makes her unique.

the room was silent, no one dared to speak. was it because if they made a sound she would wake up? is it because the boy is tired and doesn't want to deal with this anymore? ciel watched his butler slowly set the girl on the bed in such a caring manner. clearly there is something about her that makes Sebastian want to keep her, but what? the boy was clueless, and he hated it.

maybe the reason why he couldn't figure out the reason is that he wasn't thinking of him as a human but as an unstoppable un-killable, emotionless, monster. thinking Sebastian as a monster wasn't going to get him anywhere.of course it was strange to think of a demon as a human. but let's be honest, everyone has a little bit of humanity inside them whether they are a demon, angel, grim reaper or a ghoul. they have resentment for others, they have hunger in different ways, some feel lust, they have the need for revenge, they all work to get something in return. grim reapers work as punished for committing suicide, so they can rest in peace. not all ghouls only crave to eat, they still can feel and enjoy the little things. angels can have resentment, no one is perfect. but they resent those who don't believe in the holy lord truly and breaking his rules. demons work to have a meal once in a while, they all bleed and live in flesh and bones. whether they can heal at a rapid pace or heal slowly day by day, we are all human somewhere inside.

a gust of wind hit everyone. the chilly wind sent goosebumps on the boy's skin at the same moment he figured it out. he watched y/n squirm from the air, he saw how Sebastian smiled lovingly towards her. ever does he truly smile like that unless he was with cats. ciel knew a fake smile, for a demon, Sebastian knew how to smile.

"you love her..." he spoke, breaking the silence."don't you?" he finished. it seemed old to the little boy for a demon to fall in love with someone like her more less a ghoul. maybe another demon he thought but, he was wrong.

"yes, my lord" he knew that look from anywhere. he remembered how his mother and father would look at each other...so lovingly. the way Elizabeth would express happiness openly around him.never did he expect a demon to show more emotion then he would ever let himself show. but he wondered, how did she become special in his eyes.

but he also wondered if he finished that order. the order to kill her...would he have obey without losing a second? or would he hesitate similar to how humans would? he sighed "neither of us knows what's wrong with y/n, we should get undertaker to come since she used to live with him before. maybe he knows something, i doubt this is normal for ghouls." ciel states, slowly standing up on his feet. sebastian turned his eyes towards him, nodding his head.

"yes, I'll give him a call" Sebastian answered. he didn't want to have undertaker take her away. he hated that y/n is so much different now before he knew everything about her. but after her passing, it seems like everything he knew about her was a lie. he wanted to go to the good old days, holding her and taking long walks and just being around each other. why did she change- why did she lie about everything? still to this day he doesn't understand y/n's intentions. but he just wants to stay by her side, after centuries of finally finding her, she just seems too different. "I'll keep an eye on her until under-'

"put her in the dungeon then," ciel says, watching Sebastian pause when he heard his order ." if we were to leave her here she surely will try to escape once she wakes up. or possibly harming someone, she could still not be right in the head." Sebastian didn't agree with this. securing her away like an animal. ciel narrows his eyes "objections?" he knows sebastian won't argue.

sebastian looks down at y/n's sleeping state. she slept like a newborn baby, she barely slept so she was out cold. she was far from reality, finally having a little peace with herself. but with sleep, you wake up, would she still be at peace once she wakes up? "yes master"

"Just make sure to check on her once in a while to make sure she isn't dead or hasn't escaped, don't let it ruins your daily route or I'll have to order you to end her," ciel says, turning to the door, opening it." understood?" he knew his threat would push sebastian to keep everything steady and to make sure it wouldn't fail.if demons are persistent, he would do anything to keep her alive and well

"yes my lord"