chatting

-third pov

Sebastian exits from the young earl's chamber after preparing him for bed.the flickering light of the candles directing him down the hall.he was given a final order as per usual, like the faithful dog he acts as, he intends on obeying that order before retiring to his room.

his footsteps echoing down the empty dark hall to the flat where y/n would be retiring in. before approaching the room, y/n pushes the door ajar, hauling herself out of the room. her body pressed against the wall, too weak to support herself. Sebastian only observed, he questioned why she appeared so weak.

y/n grumbled under her breath before invading inside the flat next door from hers, leaning herself beside the foot of the little boy's bed. to sebastian, y/n's full of a sufficient number of unanswered questions .he questioned why a ghoul would have a human child?is she plumping him up for her to consume later on? does he acknowledge what she is?

mortals are like books, so intriguing to read. some hate the burden of their past on their shoulders, some speak out while some just continue walking like it's nothing.y/n...she like a combination of both.

Sebastian followed behind her, watching her every movement from afar to not alert her. he watched her make coffee, her face frozen into an emotionless expression. her eyes seem so dull and tired, repeatedly she wiped her sweaty palms on her pants to dry them.her lips pursed together as she held the cup of coffee in her hands.softly blowing the steaming drink.she's bothered, somethings in her mind.it's closing her in, holding her hostage.

what is the thing holding her down?

sebastian watched y/n's face turned bitterly, her pupils shrinking to the size of a pebble. more sweat dripping from her body, her breathing getting uneasy. "damn it" her fingertips turned white from the pressure she used to hold the cup."oh why, why why why" she repeated "d-damn you" sebastian only stared at her, his eyes glued on the faint purple glow from underneath her shirt.

the shape of a demon's mark, sebastian grinned to himself.finally he found her. after a million years he found his precious.but now she's a mortal, but not human." damn reaper, why didn't he tell me?!" her fingers finally broke the fragile teacup.her body recoiled from the shatter, her blood mixing in with the coffee as it splashed everywhere.

"my lady are you alright?" sebastian spoke, y/n' s head snaps towards him with such angering expression painted on her face.

"yes...yes!" she quickly gets on her knees and starts picking up the broken pieces with such speed.it was undeniable she doesn't want to be near sebastian, he noticed it easily.he wondered if she knew the truth. he took a step closer, he was now in her area. sebastian's hand buzzed with the familiar sting as well as y/n but she had trouble trying to hide her pain.

"calm down or you'll get hurt" sebastian set the candles on the counter to help the weak female, but she opposed.still her face expressed pain." you' re sensing it, aren't you?" sebastian noticed her hesitation, which gave him his answer.y/n's head turned to the butler who still kept his eyes on her.

"feeling what?" she narrowed her eyes before turning back to the mess she created. "i don't have time for this" she muttered.

"you're feeling a painful sensation, aren't you? or am i mistaken" again she hesitated, her body tensed up before cleaning up at full speed

"what the hell are you implying? the passionate burning feeling of resentment i have for demons similar to you?" sebastian found her answer quite humorous.

"no, not quite.i suggested the connection between fated lovers"

-y/n's pov

my hands dropped the rag, my body stiff as wood.his words echoing in my head .jack is replaced? this new demon is deemed to my lover now? did jack not mean any value?how can he take jack's position?

"hell...no" my voice came as a whisper. my hand grasped on the counter to help me to my feet, my breathing becoming shallow, hard to breathe.like the air became solid .it suffocating. i could hear my own blood pulsing in my body, "y-you'll never take his place" i mumbled, as i walked towards him.

i neglected the tears swelling in my eyes, just by the small exposure to each other, the buzzing pain increased." you hear me!" i abruptly yelled at him.my hand clutched on his tie, yanking him down to my level "you'll never be my lover!not in a million years!never!" i barked at him.finally i couldn't contain the pain, my hand shoving him away from me." understand that and we'll be fine" my hand lay on top of the buzzing mark on my collarbone "goodnight" i turned, exiting the kitchen, still...he kept his cocky grin on his face.

my body swayed as i walked, my vision becoming distorted. my feet stumbled as i walked."never" i mumbled, my body falling against the wall." reap what you sow" i mumbled.

"such holy words you used" gasping, i turned around. my eyes on him as he trapped me, he stared down at me.i kept a straight face as my body began to tremble in pain "never reap what you sow" he chuckled, his gloved hand sliding down my cheek.

"w-what the hell are you doing!" i slap his hand away."i'm going to b-bed-so go away!" as i tried to push him, my arms shaking violently.

"in my advice, you shouldn't be too loud or you'll wake up everyone and see you shaking so adorably" he hush, his finger over his lips, still he kept his cocky grin."i only wished to talk to you about earlier. the young master wishes that the boy stays out of the way or he'll be killed at this rate"

"it wasn't my fault, was it? how did a demon like you didn't see a small boy in the carriage?I'm exhausted and it's late.i just want to go to bed and apparently don't you understand space.or are all demons like that?"

"well, that's a little judgmental.but we do have a few topics to talk about such as your performance for today's case and our destined relationship." i shook my head, not wanting to hear his words.

"no...no" i muttered moving pass him.i narrowed my eyes, turning my head around "no, our destined relationship isn't what i anticipated to be in my future?did your old brain got jammed by love novels?"

"then whats this, if you don't mind" his feet moving closer to me, slowly closing in the space. slowly pain became more intense.i held out my hand and shoved him away.he smiled sympathetically "oh, how rude of me" he smiles, as i kept my glare.

"for a butler, you have no manners"

"also your behavior today, the young master wasn't so pleased it with" he sighs, pushing the lover topic aside."i must talk to you about it before we continue our chat"

"This is troublesome,"i mumbled.

"so adorable, having you as my lover won't be so bad" he smiles as the color drain from my face

"shut it! I'm not your mate"