that touching warm feeling

far...

grass..

trees, animals...

house....

y/n slowly walked, it's been miles already. she lost count, but what she does know is the dove tried to jump her miles back. easily, their heads ripped from their necks and she was left barely with any mark. she just needed comfort, her father's comfort. but it's been centuries since she last went to her house, since she stepped foot.

she hummed quietly, the silence in her head was simply torture. the buzzing in her ear made her itch, too quiet. her mind reminded her of the bodies, she shivered. she held back her tears and the vomit threatening to climb up.

countryside...

garden....

she tried to think of the location of her house was, but only vague pieces she was able to recollect. she wanted to kick herself in frustration. already she was far, there was no point of going back.

-

"it's okay" he whispered, his arms tightening around y/n. now it was his turn to have the death grip instead of y/n. he tipped his head then pressed his lips on her forehead, then leaned to her. "i'm sorry"

y/n didn't respond. she just snuggled closer, now one would would revive her and breaking their embrace. his touch wasn't the same, she thought. his embrace didn't have that...touch, that touch that yourself cannot recreate for yourself. the touch of the other person, the feeling they give. her father's embrace was lacking that touching warm feeling.

"of course it's missing that touch, this isn't real"

she didn't agree, it would be the closest thing she would have to having her father's embrace. she didn't want to open her eyes because they would stare at her. still with closed eyes she felt their eyes burning on her. that same feeling as before. she peaked through her eyelashes, she saw them standing around her and her father.

her mother just stood there with her daughter. the black figure wondered between the circle of people, childishly it would touch them. it knew that the people wouldn't move, if touched because they won't move without y/n's command.

there also stood undertaker, Sebastian, graham, and jack. they stood there like limp dolls but. she fully opened her eyes, they all turned in unison. they moved away, facing away from y/n. the figure watched them walk away to the other side of the room.

"i thought you would leave them standing there until you wake up"

y/n sigh, closing her eyes. "the stares were bothering me. i just need my dad in motion" she leaned to his warmth. he continued to comfort her with words y/n wanted to hear. he held her tight in his arms, he acted alive.

"you know it's not the same in your head, right? i mean, this all is just a figment of your imagination" the figure says. it stood on it's toes before lifted their legs up. the figure floated, twisting their body, it began to move around in a swimming motion." it's nice but it's not enough"

"just let me, it wasn't enough" y/n muttered. "he said i couldn't stay and pushed me away"

"fool" y/n's eyes opened again, she saw her mother turn from her place, facing her. "did you really think your father cares about you? you aren't the same daughter he raised, an abomination you are! you are no longer mortal--you monster! a demon, you are!" her mother shouted. "you are a fucking demon with that monstrosity ghoul characteristics." she yells, pointing a finger at me.

y/n only stared in horror, it wasn't under her command her mother is moving. she was aware but she refused to let it sink in. her own mother telling her, just forced it under her skin. why is she saying this? it mainly bothered her that she is moving.

"this is your mind. you don't have to control them because it's impossible if you can't control your head. your head knows what you want or knows the truth. it's out of your control" y/n's fingers tighten on her father's shirt, burying her head in his chest, smelling the dusty barely faint smell.

"m/n leave her alone. she's having a hard time, she's still our daughter-" y/n's father tried to argue, but her mother instantly shouted

"daughter?!" she shouted "this freak isn't my blood or flesh! you brought her in, lying to me! monster!"-

y/n's eyes suddenly snapped open. she gasped, her body shaking as she suddenly woke up. her body shivered, she pulled wrapped her arms tighter around her body. she ducked her head, smelling the dusty barely faint smell imprinted on his shirt. next to y/n sat a chest of her parent's clothes in a chest. the clothes was had a layer of dust on top, the smell was faint but still there.

she looked out the window of the abandoned house. the house wasn't the same anymore, it was already falling apart. some collapsed, there was large gaps, the floor so thin and cracked. the things inside was falling apart as well. she stared the the dark blue sky painted with tiny stars all over. and there sat the big grey moon, that moon that knows the secret of the night. it knows but it would never snitch.

y/n sighed, she pressed herself in the corner of the room, struggling to get comfortable on the floor. she sighed once again, closing her eyes, forcing herself back to her mind.

the house no longer had the garden or animals of course. the overgrown grass surrounded the abandoned house. the trees grew drastically then the last time she saw them. even some trees were missing, or dying.

y/n felt safe in the house, the house she grew up in. even if she can see the dried blood and insects crawling around.

 it was still home to her.