Untitled Part 10

Oliver's horse stopped outside of Felicity's cottage and he dismounted his horse and took her in his arms. He opened the door and went inside, closing the door behind him before setting her gently on the bed. He sat down beside of her and gently touched her face.

"What happened?"

"Ray Palmer followed me and wanted to walk me home. When I politely declined he grabbed my arm. I had to use my powers to get him to let me go and then told him if he touched me again that I would sic Alara on him." she said feeling a little better. She sat up and when she looked at Oliver he was enraged.

"Palmer touched you?" his voice as tight and clenched.

Felicity looked at her arm, and she could see it starting to bruise. "I am fine Oliver. Alara was there and I had my amulet." She touched it lovingly. It had been given to her by her mother and helped her to channel her powers.

Oliver stood and paced. Dammit! He knew he should have taken her home. He had wanted to stay back for Thea but when she had heard that Felicity was walking home, she had urged him to go after her. He had noticed Palmer riding quickly through town and had been puzzled, but now he knew why he was in such a hurry.

"Oliver!" Felicity stood and walked over to him, stopping him.

"I knew I should have brought you home." He was angry at himself and angry at Palmer.

"Despite my innocence my lord, I am capable of taking care of myself.", she said and smiled.

"It is exactly your innocence that makes me want to keep you safe.", he said and looked down at her with intense concentration.

Felicity smiled as his words made her happy. He wanted her safe, which meant he cared. He gently took her face in his hands. "I cannot leave you alone Felicity. I want you to come back to the castle and stay with me tonight."

She laughed softly, he was being so protective. "I cannot do that Oliver. My home is here."

"Then I am staying here with you." he said, and her eyebrows rose. "I can sleep on the floor but I am not leaving you by yourself tonight."

She looked over to where Alara was laying and the cat was fast asleep. "Thanks for abandoning me in my time of need Alara.", she thought. Oliver saw her hesitation and squeezed her hands. "You are safe with me Felicity."

"I know!" she said confidently.

"Then what is wrong?" He could still see tension in her body and a little bit of insecurity.

She could not help her honesty and she looked at him with wide eyes. "I don't want you to sleep on the floor."

Oliver looked perplexed. "Are you asking me to leave?"

"No! I want you to stay here, with me." she said and indicated the bed. Oliver glanced at the bed and then back at her in surprise. Her honesty was refreshing but also unnerving. Women usually liked to play games, but she was an open book. He took a deep breath. Could he stay in the same bed with her and not want to touch her, to kiss her? He had to remember she was innocent so he would keep his hands to himself.

"Ok. I need to go take care of my horse. I will be right back." Oliver walked outside and stripped his horse of the saddle and bridle. He placed them near the front door and then made sure to get some water for him before he returned inside. He shut the door behind him and the tension was palpable. They were both unsure, so he gave her a soft smile. "I will turn my back and start a fire so you can put on your night gown my lady." He turned and walked to the fireplace and placed some wood in the grate before he took the piece of flint and using his dagger started the fire. He then took a piece of wood and lit some of the candles around the room, being careful to always keep his back to her. Why was he so nervous? She affected him in such a raw way. He had never been nervous with a woman, until now.