Chapter 11 - Haters gonna hate

Once my song got released, I've had a massive reaction all around the world. As much as I noticed there were some positive ones, there were mostly those coming from haters.

No one approved of me as a BTS member because I was a girl. During our debut, there were only a few haters that didn't approve of a girl being in the boyband, but as we started to gain more recognition, more haters were starting to come and chew me off.

My last underwear photoshoot, that earned a lot of attention, only added a fuel to the fire which made things worse for me.

And to make things even more dramatic, boys and all BigHit staff were worried about my well-being because of the massive hate. Wherever I went, there were papparrazzi or toxic people waiting everywhere, throwing shade at me in every possible way.

For my whole situation, I think I was handling it well at first, but the more hate was coming, the more complicated I was feeling. I was at the edge of a breakdown for a few moments, the other moment, I was crying myself to sleep which made Yoongi, who's my roommate, worried.

I really needed the comfort, being the only girl left me with some doubts of course.

––––––

"Hurry up, everyone! We're leaving!" yelled our manager at the corridor as everyone was slowly getting out of the dormitory.

Today's schedule was a BTS individual photoshoot for our upcoming album. Everyone was outside except for me. I was rushing to pack my things into my bag, but that itself took sometime for me before I could find it.

In all honesty, I was afraid to even go out because I knew that outside I would have to cross paths with people who were so against me. I was anxious enough as it was.

"Kyungie!" shouted Namjoon from the corridor, but before answering, I looked at myself into the mirror. 'You're scared, Kyungie.'

There was a knock on mine and Yoongi's room, "Kyungie, we have to go.." said Jimin on the other side.

I took a deep breath as I grabbed my bag and opened the door to see concerned Chim. He smiled at me reassuringly as he put his arm around my shoulder, "Let's go." he said as he led me outside of the dorms where the rest of the members were.

Once we came into everyone's field of vision, they all smiled, "Are you ready?" asked manager in front of the door. Everyone nodded, yet I was the one being unresponsive. I was nervous and anxious all at the same time, so once the door opened, I felt other hand - but on my waist. It belonged to Jin who made Chim back off because Jin was really tall next to me and Chim which made him look scary at some point. He did it out of his protective trait which made me smile faintly.

The screams were getting louder with each step we all took. The flashes coming from the camera made it hard to see properly the surroundings.

I tried so hard not to listen to what people had to say, but I still heard it, even if it was unwanted.

"You don't belong to that group!", "What is a girl like you doing in a boyband?", "Why are you hanging around, you disgusting sl*t!"

I felt my heart clench in an instant. I noticed Yoongi was walking now next to me even though he was all the way in front. He must have slowed down because of his worry about me.

"I guess it runs in your genes that you're a cheap girl." was one comment that made me flip my head towards the source.

Jin pulled me closer to him, while Yoongi also looked towards the sound. He looked to the direction where it came from, he looked beyond mad, but we weren't allowed to talk back, so I grabbed his arm as me and Jin also pulled him away.