Chapter 24 - Exhaustion

It's nothing unusual in BigHit that the schedules we get are sometimes beyond our limit. Never have we complained about that because we loved our job. But of course, being blinded by a need that we needed to succeed at all costs to not let ARMYs down, led to our health getting a bit out of our hands.

It was currently 3 am and we all were still working on our BT21 designs. In 4 hours we had to go get ready for a stage performance at an award ceremony for rookies. BTS was invited as one of the groups that rookies will look up to while getting a chance to see their seniors in action.

"Alright, let's wrap it up here and head to catch up on our sleep." said Namjoon with a low voice because of how tired he was.

Everyone was now tired even beyond, and the worst about it was that we all were aware that we would sleep only 4 hours or maybe even less.

"I'll drive us back to dorms." said Jin with a faint smile.

It hurt me to see everyone so exhausted, but that's just how our lifestyle was like after becoming idols.

In the car on our way to dorms, no one spoke a word, and since I was sitting in a passenger seat, I took it as a responsibility to talk to Jin so he wouldn't fall asleep behind the wheel.

"Great job today." I said with a smile as he looked at me in a split of second and then back to the road, "Yeah, great job." he smiled, "Are you not going to sleep now when we're finally going back to dorms?" he asked curiously, "I'm a passenger, Jin~ It's my job to keep you awake while we're hitting the road~" I said with a sing-song voice which made him chuckle, "Yeah, thanks for that. I would fall asleep in an instant." he said.

I kept talking to him until we arrived on the spot. Once he pulled over safely, he started to wake up other members as they all sluggishly got out.

Me and Jin made sure that they all safely got escorted to their beds and once they were sleeping, me and Jin were sitting in the living room for a while, only talking, "Is sleep even going to be worth it when I wake up in a while?" I chuckled to myself, "I've been thinking about it as well.." said Jin while drinking a cup of water, "Well, we have to be the best tomorrow to show our younger idols how it's done~" I said as I stood up with now wobbly legs.

Jin put his hands on my waist to steady me even though it wasn't a big deal, but it was just a thing for all members.

"You'd better head to sleep. I'll go as well." he said as he also stood up next to me, "Alright, goodnight." I said as I hugged him which he happily returned, "Goodnight, Kyungie." he said as we both headed to sleep.

Once my body plopped onto the bed, it didn't take me even 5 minutes to fall asleep of just how exhausted I was.

I was awoken to mine and Yoongi's alarm that was buzzing so noisily that it made my head hurt already. I quickly turned it off and sighed at the lack of sleep in my system.

I was the first one to get up though, while letting boys sleep a bit longer. I decided to make them breakfast out of all ingredients that we had stored in our dorms. Not long after I was done, boys were gathering around the dining table with sleepy expressions.

"Thank you for the breakfast." said Chim with a raspy voice, "Ye.. I'm going to take a shower." I said as I headed to the bathroom.

On my way there, I brushed shoulders with Yoongi who was passing by, "Morning." he said as I hummed out of the sleepiness.

I was hoping that the shower would at least help me freshen up a little, but that wasn't the case. It only made me miss the warmth of my bed.

–––––