Chapter 16 - #ProtectKaia (VLive pt.2)

After I woke up from my peaceful sleep, I've heard boys getting loud outside of our room which meant that something happened.

Being too tired, I didn't care as I continued to sleep, yet I was getting curious about the thing that got them so wild so early in the morning. It was even before we were all supposed to wake up.

I got up despite feeling incredibly sleepy as I headed towards the source of sound which was our living room. As soon as I entered the living room, I felt eyes on me, "Oh! Good morning, Kyungie!" said Hobi happily, "Morning... Why are you all shouting so early in the morning?" I asked as I rubbed my eyes, "Well, we watched yesterday's VLive because of the sudden trend on Twitter with hashtag 'ProtectKaia'." explained Jimin.

I blinked a few times, feeling confused, "What?" I said in confusion, "In yesterday's VLive when you were apparently asleep, Namjoon-hyung addressed haters where he shared the thought of you being so hated on. It took attention worldwide and now everyone trends with this hashtag." explained Tae with a smile.

I went to peek behind Jimin's shoulder as he held the phone with VLive in his phone. There was a scene of Namjoon who was talking to haters. I kept hanging on every word he said which made me incredibly emotional as soon as he said:

'She hasn't done anything wrong to be hated. She gets judged in an instant which is why she is distant towards ARMYs. But from my own experience with her, she's always helped me boost my self-confidence up and she helps me to carry the burden of being the leader. As a leader, I don't have many people to talk to freely, and she is the only one who talks to me about my own problems. She's been a huge help in BTS..'

I felt tears well up in my eyes as I quickly turned away from boys, "Are you crying?" asked Hobi which made Tae and Jimin look up at me, "I'm just emotional.." I said with a smile, feeling pathetic.

"Aigooo.. Don't cry, Kyungie." Jimin and Tae stood up as they both hugged me, "Look, Kyungie, you're a worldwide trend now." said Hobi as he showed me that over 1 million tweets had #ProtectKaia.

There was a picture of me sleeping in the background while the next picture was Namjoon looking serious while talking about it.

He opened one of the comment sections where there were comments about me:

'I don't understand the hatred that is held towards her. Like literally?... This girl hasn't done a single thing. She's only breathing and she's getting hate just for that itself, wtf is wrong with ppl? #ProtectKaia'

'Is it because she looks different than any other idols? Because if yes, then ARMYs are just bunch of kids smh...'

'After what RM said in the VLive, all members have been worried about her for a long time which only explains their protective actions.'

'Am I the only person who actually stanned Kaia since the very start? #Protect Kaia'

All those comments made me also emotional which made my tears slip down my cheeks now, it was all thanks to Namjoon which made me head over his and Jin's room.

I didn't bother to knock, I just opened the door, "Joon..." I said with a shaky voice which made both Jin and Joon wake up at my sudden teary voice.

But before they had a chance to react, I hugged Namjoon tightly which he returned, though a bit confusingly.

"What's wrong?" he asked worriedly as he looked down on me.

Now Jimin, Tae and Hobi were in the doorframe, watching the whole scene, "You should know why she's like that! You made her get rid off the huge wave of haters." said Hobi with a smile, "There is a trending hashtag 'ProtectKaia' now on Twitter." said Chim with a smile.

I felt a huge stone fall off my shoulders, and mainly, from my heart. It felt like I could finally breathe again, I didn't have to feel so bad about standing next to boys now.

"Aishh.. I thought something bad happened to her when she came in with tears in her eyes.." Jin sighed out of relief, "Thank you so muchhh~" I hugged Joon with so much affection it made him smile.

"Don't scare me like that next time.." he sighed as he sat up together with me, "How can I not when you've just taken a big weight off my shoulders?" I smiled with tears in my eyes, "It's not like I made you get rid off all haters." he said, "I know.. But seeing you address everyone so boldly despite knowing what consequences there are, you still decided to do it and I want you to know that I'm so grateful.. Aishh, I'm crying again.." I said as I started to wipe my eyes that were watering.

"Don't cry.. We're all on the same boat now." he said with a smile.

Suddenly everyone's alarm started to ring now which made everyone frown, "Aigoo, this is the first time I'm awake before my alarm!" Hobi laughed out along with Tae in the doorframe.

I then realized that poor Yoongi, who was still sleeping in our room, had my phone there which meant that my phone was ringing there now as well. He had his alarm set 10 minutes later which made me shot up from the bed and make a run to mine and Yoongi's room.

"Kyungie, what's wrong?" asked Jimin whom I was passing by, "She has her alarm in Yoongi's room so she went to turn it off because he gets up 10 minutes later." explained Jin which made everyone now chuckle.

As soon as I arrived to our room, I heard my hysterical alarm as I quickly turned him off.

"I thought I would have to throw it out of our window." said Yoongi with raspy voice, "Aww, grumpy Yoongi~" I cooed as I hugged his sleepy form and started to smooch his face since I felt so happy.

"Stop... It's so early in the morning, what got you in such a good mood..?" he asked as he tried to push me off him.

"You would have to get up to know~" I said as I separated from him, "I still got 10 minutes, so let me sleep." he said with a grumpy voice which made me smile, "Ye.. Got you~" I grabbed my things as I headed to take a shower.

I was met there with sleepy Jungkook who was also about to take one, "Good morning, Kook." I said with a smile.

He only mumbled good morning back as he brushed his teeth while complaining about his neck pain so early in the morning. But before I got into the shower, Kook stopped me by grabbing my arm, "Noona?" he said as he rinsed his mouth while I turned my head towards him. He kissed his fingers and put them on my mouth.

It was his way of showing affection to me without having to get close to me

It was his way of showing affection to me without having to get close to me. He was too shy for any physical contact whic made him show affection to me in this kind of way. He probably knew why I was so happy today so it was why he also showed me how happy he was for me.

"Aww, thank you, Kookie~" I smiled widely while squishing his cheeks as I kissed his right one, "Aishh.. I'm not a kid.." he complained with a smile, "You're not, you're my precious maknae." I smiled which made him giggle. I was spoiling him so much.

I covered myself behind a curtain as I took my clothes off and started to shower myself.

I was humming some random songs out of a good mood that I was in. I would have never thought just how happy this could make me. Mostly, just how happy I could get to see that this day, when I wouldn't get so much hate, would come.