Chapter 1: Coming to a Decision

*****Clary's POV*****

It had been over a week since Goldenclaw and the others had returned from the Parabatai ceremony, and Clary still hadn't figured out how to ask Blossomstar what she wanted to. Clary had been with HunterClan for a number of moons now. Through spending time with the Shadowhunters, she'd come to the decision that she would like to live there; to become a full fledged member of HunterClan.

The question is, will that be allowed? She would've asked Goldenclaw, but things between them were still awkward. It wasn't every day that you found out the cat you liked was your sibling. Clary felt weirded out by the situation, and judging by how tense the yellow furred tabby was acting, she'd say that Goldenclaw felt the same.

She thought about asking Nightrose, but her friend was always busy with something. That, and the black she-cat had been spending a lot of time around Goldenclaw lately. She knew that Nightrose was comforting her brother during those moments, so it felt awkward to approach her with something like this while she had her paws full. That left one option, an option that might be more difficult then she was willing to express.

She was currently with that option now. She and Arrowheart were helping Dawnpaw gather fresh bedding for the elders today. Apparently, Mistwing had a conniption earlier about a thorn in her bedding. The gray she-cat had demanded that some cat get her fresh bedding. Puddlestep had also commented he could use new bedding too.

As the Apprentice's Den had only two apprentices residing in it now, and Brackenpaw was preparing for his final assessment, that left Dawnpaw only to retrieve the loads of bedding. Elders, being picky in their old age, required only the best moss and feathers one could find.

Being such good friends with Arrowheart, Dawnpaw had enlisted the young warrior to help. Clary had spotted them on their way out, asking if she could join them. Arrowheart and Dawnpaw agreed, and together the three of them made their way into the forest.

Clary's paws sunk into the soft green grass below her. There had been a light rain that morning, leaving everything damp. Many of the overhead tree branches were weighed down from all the rainfall, the occasional stream of water spilling down on the three cats from above. One had spilled on Arrowheart just moments before, drenching his tail in rainwater.

"Stupid trees, why can't they understand we don't like getting wet." He said, shaking his spindly black tail out. Dawnpaw smirked knowingly, Arrowheart saw this and gave his friend a questioning glare. The Medicine cat apprentice seemed to be holding back her laughter.

"What?" He asked Dawnpaw grouchily. The warrior had managed to shake most of the water out of his fur, but still a few droplets remained. They clung to his tail like sticky pinesap. Clary wouldn't be surprised if the rain did have some of the sticky stuff in it, it did come from the trees after all.

"I think you might be a special exception. After all, you and Patchfur seem pretty close." Dawnpaw said with a chuckle.

Arrowheart flushed at that, ducking his head down to give his chest fur a few embarrassed licks. Clary, who'd been trotting beside the tom, kept quiet watching the exchange. She didn't want the her brother's Parabatai to clam up. There was no way she'd be able to ask him for help then.

She still wasn't 100% sure what Arrowheart thought of her to begin with. Clary personally didn't think he liked her that much. Goldenclaw had once told her that Arrowheart was naturally standoffish around most other cats. The tom would express his thoughts through actions, not words. So far, Arrowheart and Clary hadn't interacted all that much outside of time with Goldenclaw and Nightrose.

So....her status with the warrior was left unclear. Are we friends...or just acquaintances? Cats who have the same brother? I'm so confused.