Chapter 4: Training in the Sandy Hollow

******Sparkpaw's POV******

Dream Sequence....

Sparkpaw's tail swished the long grass behind her as she snuck through the undergrowth. The canopy was patchy here; letting rays of sunshine touch the dry ground here and there, heating it up. The rays that washed over her sparked her over fur like it was a fresh flame. It was like making fire ignite, or this case giving her a strange itch she couldn't name.

Careful not to step on the crunchy stems that littered the forest floor, Sparkpaw trotted forward at a curious pace. This forest was unlike any she'd seen before, not that she had much to compare it to. Now the trees were beginning to thin out; streaks of heather and peat filled her vision. Faintly, her mind connected that she was going into WolfClan territory.

The moor stretched endlessly before her, giving her all the space she needed to break out into a run. Sparkpaw had not the slightest idea as to why she was here but yet...she understood she needed to go further. There was a tugging force inside the young apprentice, pulling her forward. She let it control her movements, stumbling on what must've been WindClan's camp.

The land, like the rest of the territory was smooth. It consisted mostly of sand and parched tussocks of grass. There were a few scraggly bushes that she guessed were dens, and a cave or two that seemed to serve the same purpose. There were cats there now, there paws scuffling as they headed away from camp. From the looks of it, the group made up the entire clan.

"Wait! Wait for me!" She called, running after them. WolfClan cats were known to make up some of the fastest cats in all the clans. Their speed came from spending their entire lives on the moor, running often.

Despite her calls, the cats didn't seem to here her. She did everything she could to try and get their attention. Sparkpaw even went as far to run into one of them, a silver furred she-cat that looked to be around her age. The other cat was supporting what looked to be her brother. The tom was heavily injured, looking like he was in deep pain if the grimace on his face was anything to go by.

Instead of hitting the she-cat's flank as planned, Sparkpaw ran through the two strangers as though she was nothing but a ghost. The thought was unsettling to say the least. So was how the two cats continued their pace forwards, completely unaffected by Sparkpaw's attempts to grab their attention.

Ultimately, she decided to keep following WolfClan to see where they went. Hopefully that would give her a clue as to why she was there. The lithe cats slipped through the heather tunnel entrance with ease, their silhouettes dull compared to the bright sky.

These cats looked lean compared to HunterClan cats, but from Clary's understanding they are one of the strongest clans there is. Underneath their pelts lay the power to transform into wolf-like creatures. Sparkpaw had jokingly termed it as 'wolfing out' to which Arrowheart rolled his eyes at her.

The two had been training for over two weeks now, during which she hadn't yet been successful in making the black tom laugh. He'd corrected her, calling the wolf like cats the correct term of 'werecats'. Sparkpaw determined that she would keep trying, there had to be something her stoic mentor would laugh at.

So the WolfClan cats made their journey through the fields. The grasslands stretched before them, with a few scraggly trees here and there. It was so strange compared to the woods of HunterClan or the neighborhood she'd been raised in. The land just seemed strangely empty to her. Sparkpaw's pelt prickled with unease....hoping she'd figure out why she was there soon so she could go home.