Chapter 32: Heart to Heart (Malec)

***Arrowheart's POV***

It had been fours days since Blossomstar announced her plans to take back Sunningrocks, and two days since the Gathering. Nothing had occurred during the meeting with the other Clans, but he could tell that tensions were rising all the same. It seemed that FangClan, FaerieClan and MagicClan (especially MagicClan) in particular were upset that WolfClan was back. They had taken advantage of the moor dwellers being gone to fatten up on the rabbits roaming on WolfClan territory. I can only imagine how much more aggravated MagicClan will be when we take back Sunningrocks.

And then there was the issue of Patchfur.

His boyfriend had been displeased by Blossomstar's plans. Arrowheart knew that his warlock understood that HunterClan would make better use out of the territory that was rightfully belonging to the forest cats, but that did not exactly make it any easier for him.

He's probably worried about his family and friends back home no doubt. The two have been secretly together for the past few moons now, but still Patchfur kept pretty quiet in concerns to his own family and personal life. It was all so close to the bicolored tom's chest, like how his heart was tucked away behind the sanctuary of his rib cage so were all those secrets hidden inside. Arrowheart felt a little offended by this considering he himself is practically an open book to his boyfriend.

Does he not trust me? I trust him, so I thought...

Knowing that this would get him nowhere, Arrowheart pushes those thoughts away. There were more important things to be handling as of now. His own feelings would have to be sorted out later.

"Hahaha admit defeat Alderpaw!" Sparkpaw crows victoriously as she pushes her friend's face into the ground. Over the last few days the two had seemingly made up, but Arrowheart could still see the occasional awkward moment between them.

Arrowheart and Patchfur had decided to take their apprentices to Sunningrocks today for a sparring session. The other apprentices were of the same skill level as Sparkpaw, but they lacked the cleverness and height to be decent opponents. Maybe Arrowheart was bragging a little, but the skills Blossomstar had taught him had put him a step above the rest. The same was running true for Sparkpaw too as he was training her to become a warrior. Am unlucky situation for Alderpaw, seeing as he was getting his tail kicked.

"Ack! It's no fair! You've been training for several moons already. I'm so far behind..." Alderpaw splutters out some sand. The tabby had been pressed into the ground quite a few times already today, even after Arrowheart had warned his own apprentice to take it easy on her friend.

I don't think she knows the meaning of the word....but, I guess it's better this then watching her slack off with my parabatai. Goldenclaw and Sparkpaw were trying to get along better now with some degree of success. Nightrose worried about their golden furred brother falling in love with his new found sister yet again. Arrowheart remembers telling her that they had never stopped loving each other, so her words made no sense.

Needless to say, Nightrose was annoyed with him for the rest of that day.

Arrowheart hopes that she knows he is just as concerned about Goldenclaw too.

As they are siblings, Goldenclaw and Sparkpaw were not meant to be. The only hope was that the pair figured this out before they were in too deep. Arrowheart worries that they already are.

"Hmm, Alderpaw, your confidence is getting better, but your still sloppy on your technique." Patchfur tells his apprentice as Alderpaw staggers back up with Sparkpaw's assistance. The tabby shakes the dirt from his pelt with annoyance, those amber eyes narrowed. Arrowheart notes the fangs poking out of Alderpaw's lips. It was a sign from any vampire that he was getting awfully frustrated....and possibly hungry too.