Chapter 31 : Hero No More

The covers in the sky began to string people up then consuming them whole which causes them to change form. The Elite Four were helping people out while Mako led them to the exits. Superman laid on the ground useless he was slowly getting his powers back but it wasn't helping the fact that the covers aren't allowing him to get much sunlight. He stared in horror as Ragyo just held on to Ryuko's heart as he was scared she will crush it or something worst.

Ragyo: Beautiful...

Mako: Ryuko!

Ragyo: Very few humans are merged this perfectly with Life Fibers. Truly, you are my daughter.

Mako: No way! Ryuko's the daughter of the director?!

Mako was being pulled up by one of the covers which Superman saw. He shot a  beam out of his eye but missed.

Mako: I'm being pulled up!

Barazo: Mako!

Mataro: Sis!

Sukuyo: Mako!

Barazo, Mataro and Guts tried to get her but failed miserably. Then Gamagoori tried to save her too.

Gamagoori: Cut the thread! Escape, Mankanshoku!

He was tackled by the covers knocking him to the ground.

Gamagoori: Mankanshoku!

Superman: Mako!

Mako: Some-bo-dy-help!

Mako was swallowed up by the clothing and everyone could only look in horror, Superman punched the ground seeing that he got some strength back.

Superman: Grrrrrrggggh... Dammit!

(F/N) gripped the ground ripping off a chunk of dirt, the dirt seep into his finger nails. He slowly got up as he shot a hole through a cover that tried to engulf him with his heat vision.

Ryuko: Shut up!

Ryuko sliced off Ragyo's hand after doing that Ryuko was breathing very heavily.

Ryuko: My dad is Isshin Matoi! You can't be my mother! That's impossible!

Ragyo: If I'm not, how else do you explain your body?

Ragyo reattached her hand while Ryuko's heart went back in her chest.

Ryuko: I said, shut up!

Ryuko slashed at Ragyo again but this time she missed. Ryuko was now swing viciously trying to hit Ragyo.

Senketsu: Calm yourself, Ryuko!

Ryuko: Stay out of this!

Nui: How very, very interesting! I knew there was something special about you! You're the greatest, Ryuko!

Nui was behind Ryuko and this was a unfair advantage for Ragyo since Nui was there to help her.