two;

Hoseok is stunned.

    How has he not seen it sooner? He can't believe the answer's been here in front of him all along.

    A soap tray.

    After all these years of having their soap slip back into the sink every goddamn time when he's just trying to wash his fucking hands, Hoseok knows he's finally found the solution as he stares at this ship's bathroom's unmoving bar of soap in all its glory. The captain of this crew is a genius indeed, most certainly a worthy ally.

Hoseok makes note to ask the captain later about where he obtained such a treasure as he towels his hands dry and steps outside of the bathroom, strolling back out of the hallway and back onto the main deck where he last left Jim- what the fuck?

Jimin appears to be unconscious and is currently being tied up with ropes by two oddly dressed men Hoseok hasn't seen on this ship before. He reaches for his saber, weighing his options. While he can probably take them on in a fight, Jimin's safety is first priority and if they choose to threaten Jimin's life, he automatically loses any advantage he has. He needs to get them away from Jimin.

He springs over, feet light to delay their reaction to his presence as he slashes his sword in their direction in a wide arc, more of a warning than an actual attack. They're not amateur fighters, he's quick to note, as both of them react with considerable time to spare, backing away from a now tied up and knocked out Jimin and readying themselves in defensive but also combative stances, not the least bit surprised at his sudden appearance. Interesting...

"Aw shit, Ricky, I told you there would be another one around here somewhere." The shorter one says, his scruffy bowl cut and small stature making him more like a street rat or a powder boy than a skilled fighter. Still, Hoseok can't be too careful.

"Who are you all? You aren't a part of this crew." Hoseok barks, stepping in front of Jimin's limp form in what he hopes is a somewhat intimidating pose and chancing a glance down at his crew mate. Jimin's breathing still seems to be steady and they were tying him up, which means their intent is not to kill... for now.

His actions, no matter how brief, don't go unnoticed by the other two. The one named Ricky, the slightly taller of the two, albeit still short even compared to Jimin, gestures towards Jimin with his sharp chin. "He'll be okay. Might wake up a little confused in about half an hour, but he's fine."

Hoseok nods, but doesn't move to put his sword away. "The people on the lower decks..."

"Same as your buddy," the shorter one grunts, crossing his arms. "You two don't seem to be a part of this crew either."

"We're at least welcomed visitors unlike you two, to say the least," Hoseok snorts, careful not to let his guard down. While they both appear to be unarmed for the time being, he knows there's no way Jimin could have gone down in such little time without some sort of weapon or tactic. "Mind telling me what sort of business you may have with the crew of this ship?"

"Nothing that concerns you," Ricky replies coolly, hands in his pockets in a rather relaxed posture in comparison to his friend, "and as much as we would like to ask you to stay out of our way, I have a feeling you won't comply easily."

"You're right," Hoseok readies his stance. "I also need to get my own revenge for knocking out my crewmate. Nothing against you all personally of course."

"None taken." Hoseok is only able to catch a glimpse of a grin before the shorter stranger throws his arm out, two throwing knives hurtling towards Hoseok with terrifying accuracy. He finally comes to his senses, brain kicking into fight mode as he slashes his saber upward, deflecting the knives just before they make contact with him.