seventeen;

"You can join the others up on the main deck if you'd like, Yongsun-ssi, our crew doesn't seem all too capable at times but Namjoon and I can handle a couple of dirty dishes," Seokjin jokes as he carries a stack of plates from the mess room into the kitchen. "Er, well, I can handle a couple of dirty dishes. It's best not to hand Namjoon anything that's prone to shattering."

"It's no trouble for me!" Yongsun insists as she is quick to catch onto the implication of his words, immediately plucking a plate from Namjoon's hands to add it to her own stack and gesturing at him to collect the used silverware instead. "I want to help around as much as I can, given the circumstances. If you ever need help preparing meals or need a break from the kitchen, I'd be glad to assist! It would be terribly rude for me to just sit around all day while you all are working so hard."

"I appreciate it," Seokjin smiles graciously, but it doesn't last long as he glares at the bumbling man behind her. "Namjoon, put those ale glasses down right this second! Last time you helped with cleanup, I ended up sweeping glass off the floor well into the night!"

"Sorry, hyung," Yongsun's brother mumbles as he sets the cups back down onto the table, eliciting a giggle from Yongsun at their interaction. "He's right though, Yongsun, it's your first night on the ship, you shouldn't be slaving away down here. I'm sure there's soon to be plenty of entertainment up on deck that you should enjoy watching. Besides, knowing Seokjin hyung, he's just planning on soaking these dirty dishes in a tub of water in the back and forcing the younger ones to come finish washing them later. It would be safer to have him on site should something go wrong when they spar later."

Yongsun's eyes widen. "You think Jungkook might hurt Hyejinnie badly enough to warrant medical assistance?"

Namjoon snorts. "It's actually Jungkook I'm more worried about. The kid's strong, alright, but brute strength is all he's got in terms of a hand-to-hand combat fight, especially against someone as skilled as Hyejin. I saw how she took down Taehyung earlier today. Even if he was angry and distracted at the time, that was certainly no easy feat, even for some of us in Bangtan. And while Jungkook's a fast-learner, he most likely won't be getting the chance to spar with Byulyi anytime soon. Hoseok and Jimin are by far our crew's most skilled fighters, but even they probably aren't as well-versed in hand-to-hand combat as Hyejin is."

"Do you fight?" Yongsun cocks her head to the side in curiosity. "I mean, I'm sure if the situation calls for it, you must in order to defend yourself, but..."

Seokjin laughs and bumps shoulders with her gently. "Whenever we run into trouble or get into a fight of sorts, your brother's the scariest one of all."

"Why is that?"

"His weapon of choice is a battle axe."

"A-" Yongsun pales. "A battle axe?!"

Namjoon rubs the back of his neck sheepishly. "It wasn't exactly by choice."

"His hand-eye coordination is absolutely terrible," Seokjin throws his head back and laughs in a breathy high squeak of sorts. "Apparently even Hoseok gave up on training him in swordplay because he was so bad, said Namjoon was the most untrainable student he's ever seen. Namjoon's naturally quite strong, so as long as he swings his axe around a couple of times and looks angry, opponents naturally tend to stay away from him. If he so much as tried engaging someone else in a fight holding a sword, anyone with eyes would pretty quickly be able to figure out just how uncoordinated he is and defeat him fairly easily."

"Like you're one to talk," Namjoon protests as they make their way into the kitchen, "Last time a crew tried ambushing us, I saw you knock someone out with a frying pan!"