twenty six;

"Cheers!" Seokjin raises his glass of wine up in the air with glee. "To a successful getaway!"

"Oppa, I heard you almost peed your pants when one of the naval officers stopped you to ask for directions," Hyejin giggles.

"Why can't we just focus on the positives?! And Wheein-ah!" Seokjin turns to look at said girl with a pout. "You said you wouldn't tell!"

"You told me not to tell Taehyung specifically," Wheein laughs. "You never said anything about telling Hyejinnie."

"No loyalty nowadays," Seokjin grumbles, stuffing his mouth with a spoonful of rice and taking a large swig of wine.

"Careful there, hyung, we haven't shaken them off our tail just yet." Taehyung teases as he places a carefully peeled shrimp onto Wheein's plate. "We wouldn't want you fighting drunk if they were to catch up with us, now would we?"

"I don't want to hear this from one of the biggest lightweights of our crew," Seokjin is quick to retort, gesturing between the younger and Hoseok. "I could drink both of you two under the table in minutes."

"Is that a challenge?" There's a glint in Hoseok's eye as he stands up, only to immediately get tugged back down into his seat by Yoongi.

"Oh no you don't," Yoongi warns the quartermaster. "The last time I took you drinking, you passed out after one shot of soju. Stop while you're ahead."

"I never took Hobi oppa for a lightweight," Hyejin snickers.

"Taehyung hyung and Hobi hyung are the lightweights in our crew," Jungkook explains, pausing for a moment to finish chewing and swallowing the food in his mouth before continuing, lest he be scolded by Seokjin for his table manners once again, "Namjoon hyung and I are in the middle of the pack, and Yoongi hyung, Seokjin hyung, and Jimin hyung are the tanks when it comes to alcohol, which is actually pretty surprising now that I think about it considering Jimin hyung's heig- OW! Who kicked me under the table?"

"Oops, my foot slipped," Jimin blinks at the maknae innocently, though the tone of his voice suggests he's anything but. "Maybe you shouldn't be bringing up irrelevant topics during dinnertime."

"We were talking about drinking! It's only natural to be impressed by how much you can put down when you're only one seventy- OW! In fact, I'm surprised that your legs are long enough to even hit me from under the- OW!"

"Boys, behave," Byulyi finally speaks up, a sharp warning tone to her voice. "Jimin, stop kicking at Jungkook or it might bruise and affect his training tomorrow. Jungkook, stop bringing Jimin's height up into conversations at the dinner table."

"Yes, noona," the two boys quickly chorus together, both of them almost immediately becoming as docile as lambs as they continue to eat their dinner as though the entire argument never happened.

"What the hell?!" Seokjin looks between the two troublemakers, then back at Byulyi. "I live with them for years and they barely do the dishes when I tell them too. But you spend a couple of hours with them around town and suddenly they're tamable?"

"Maybe you're just not an authority figure to them," Byulyi comments lightly, her words not in the least bit purposefully trying to rile the other up but accidentally doing so anyway.

"Not an authority figu-" Seokjin stands up indignantly, glaring at Jimin and Jungkook who are trying their best to not die laughing in their seats, as well as at Taehyung for good measure. "Why you three ungrateful brats, is that true? After everything hyung's done for you?!"

"What?!" comes Taehyung's muffled protest as he nearly chokes on his mouthful of food, forcing Wheein to thump at his back until he's able to swallow and catch his breath. "Hyung, I'm totally innocent! Why am I getting grouped together with those two?!"