three;

"So... Let me get this straight," Taehyung starts again, talking with a mouth full of food. At Seokjin's glare, he waits until he finished chewing everything inside his mouth and swallowing before speaking up once more. "This whole time Hobi hyung was out there duking it out with these three different people and their wild ass fighting tactics, you were..."

"I was drugged and tied up!" Jimin snaps, stabbing at a slice of potato with more strength than necessary. They're all eating dinner together in the mess room, Hoseok having just recounted the events earlier in the day. "Stop laughing about it already."

"We weren't laughing," Taehyung insists, though Jungkook's muffled giggles from the other side of the table do little to support this blatant lie. "It's just... unfortunate."

"Fuck you, it's your all's fault for throwing paper!"

"How is that our fault?! We won that round of rock paper scissors fair and square!"

"Okay, that's enough," Namjoon finally speaks up as he spoons some more rice into his bowl. "Stop giving him shit, Tae, you know very well that the same thing could've happened to you."

"But it didn't," comes Taehyung's cheeky reply, cackling as Jimin threatens to sling his bowl of food at him, only to wither and think twice at the look Seokjin sends him from across the table. "Hey, we still sealed the deal with their crew, didn't we?"

"I'm honestly surprised they still wanted to negotiate after finding out that we let three strangers knock us out, tie us up, then loot all of their previous treasure while they were on a raid." Hoseok groans at just the memory. "I should've known they were thieves from the beginning."

"You were probably too distracted by how cool that swordsman you fought was, I don't know," Seokjin places another cut of chicken onto Jungkook's plate. "You were literally beaming from ear to ear when you were talking about him, even though he knocked you out and tied you up."

"Stop giving the kid so much protein, this is why he's such a goddamn muscle pig now," Yoongi points out, finally speaking up after looking deep in thought all this time.

"He's a growing boy!" Seokjin protests, "And he needs to be strong since he's handling our cannon all the time! Don't be jealous just because he could carry you around with one arm."

"I'd fucking slit his throat if he tried that."

"Hey!" Jungkook holds his hands up in a show of innocence. "I never said I was going to do anything!"

"Sometimes with Yoongi, just the premonition is enough for action." Hoseok laughs.

"With what we do, my premonitions and instinct have saved our asses countless times," Yoongi grumbles before taking another bite of food, chewing thoughtfully. "You said there's only three of them?"

Hoseok nods. "That's what it looks like. The swordsman is definitely their leader."

"I suppose you can't have that large of a crew when you're trying to stealthily rob a pirate ship while they're distracted," Namjoon muses, hand gripping his chin as he thinks. "But that also means that their boat would be built more for speed for an easier getaway. The heists they pull off are difficult even with their skillset, but we've never even heard of them until now... "

"There's no way they're new to this game," Jimin shakes his head. "Even when Hobi hyung showed up they didn't bat an eye. This was too thorough for any amateur to pull off."

"Then why hasn't news of such a group spread before?" Jungkook asks, shaking his head at Seokjin who is trying to force another piece of chicken onto his plate. "Hyung- stop that, I'm already full."