thirty four;

Seokjin almost shits his pants when he trips over something in the hallway leading to their shared quarters and nearly spills the tray of food in his hands.

"What was that?!" His panicked yelp is shrill as he just barely manages to rebalance himself and prevent what would've been a total disaster. "Who left something in the hallway?!"

"Ah, sorry hyung, it was me," comes a sheepish voice from his right where Taehyung and Jimin are curled up next to one another and leaning against the wall outside Yongsun and Byulyi's shared quarters on one side of the doorway. Jungkook is resting his head on Namjoon's shoulder as they sit in a similar position on the other side of the doorway, perking up at the sight of the eldest. Taehyung draws his knees into his chest with an apologetic look on his face so Seokjin can safely get past this time. "I was trying to stretch my legs out."

Seokjin lets out a soft sigh. He can't exactly be mad when Taehyung stares up at him like that, especially when he wasn't actually mad to begin with. "It's fine, Tae. I know it's been a long day for all of us. You all should really go rest somewhere else, though. All four of you look on the verge of comatose and the hallway isn't exactly the most comfortable place to sleep on the ship."

"We want to see Yongsun noona and Byulyi noona though!" Jimin pouts in protest despite the way his eyelids droop sleepily. The sun has just barely set, yet it's safe to say that it's been quite the day and everyone is long past exhausted. Yoongi is already dead asleep in his captain's quarters while Hoseok took over Taehyung's spot at the helm an hour or two ago to relieve the younger after all his hard work. Without Taehyung's quick response and dedication to keeping the ship as steady as he had, they most likely would have never seen Yongsun and Byulyi again.

"You can see them tomorrow, they need lots of rest after everything that's happened today," Seokjin eyes the other four sitting along the hallway like lost children at the marketplace waiting for their parents to come find them. "You all do too. Even Hyejin and Wheein aren't loitering around here anymore like you all are. You should follow their example and go to bed."

Jungkook bites his bottom lip in guilt. "About that..."

Seokjin already has a sneaking suspicion as to what the youngest is going to say and glances over at the others. Jimin and Taehyung avoid his gaze, suddenly finding the floor extremely interesting. "I locked their door for safety measures so you all wouldn't be able to go in and bother them."

"Those two pipsqueaks grew up on the streets, it's honestly not surprising that they can pick a lock," Namjoon snorts. "One minute we were discussing how we should sneak the key from you, then in the next they were suddenly slipping into the room and locking it back up from the inside."

Seokjin sets the tray in his hands down on the hallway floor with a defeated groan and pinches the bridge of his nose in exasperation, reaching into his back pocket to grab the spare key to unlock Yongsun and Byulyi's shared quarters with his other hand. "Bunch of troublemakers, you lot. Now I understand what Byul and Yongsun noona were talking about that one time."

He unlocks the door and swings it open. Sure enough, Hyejin is snuggled up tightly against a tired looking Yongsun on the older's bed while Wheein is happily tucked under the blankets on the other bed with Byulyi. "Lock picking, huh?"

The two younger women at least have the decency to look the slightest bit sheepish as Seokjin enters the room with his tray of food and a huff that has no real bite to it, four curious faces peering into the room from the doorway behind him. Wheein clings to Byulyi's arm and pouts as Seokjin sets the tray down on the nightstand between the two beds. "Sorry oppa... We just wanted to make sure Byul unnie and Yongsun unnie were okay!"