eleven;

Hyejin nods and smiles politely at something Hoseok says to her, not actually hearing or processing much of what comes out of his mouth. Yongsun unnie has really gotten the two of them into quite the predicament. Instead of their original plan of Yongsun distracting the three of them while the maknae went and woke up Byulyi, Hyejin finds herself being dragged into a completely one-sided conversation with the cute pirate guy she knocked out a while back and the swordsman that almost beat Byulyi unnie in a duel, unable to slip away unnoticed as Yongsun's attention has become fully occupied with her brother Namjoon. Curse her curiosity, she should have never gone to the front door to see what was going on. She could have been... well, it's not like she had anything planned out for today anyway.

She's honestly quite surprised the two men in front of her still haven't recognized her as Ricky. Does she look that much different than her crossdressing counterpart? Hyunah is right. Men are so unobservant.

The one named Jimin keeps staring at her when he thinks she isn't looking. At first she thought it might have been because he had put together the pieces and was simply observing her actions, but after choking out his name with pink cheeks in introduction earlier and tripping on his way into the cottage after accidentally making eye contact with her, Hyejin is pretty sure she knows what's actually going on.

Of course the one with a grudge against Ricky happens to think she's attractive. Of course. She couldn't have just met a nice random guy at the tavern and gotten her happily ever after like a normal girl.

"- and your all's place looks really nice and cozy. Oh! Looks like the pie is cool enough to eat. Anyways, I'll just, uh, leave you two here to talk about... about stuff." Hoseok throws what is possibly the least subtle wingman wink in an incredibly mortified Jimin's direction before making his way towards the kitchen where Yongsun and Namjoon are preparing to serve the pie.

Hyejin turns her faintly amused gaze to Jimin, studying the man's profile as he toes at the ground bashfully, the tips of his ears still red. She shifts her weight from one foot to the other as she patiently waits to see if he'll manage to stutter out anything more than an incomplete sentence in her presence. Eventually, she decides that Hoseok has probably embarrassed his dongsaeng into completely speechlessness, and that now is the perfect time and opportunity to leave and go wake up Byulyi unnie. "Um, I'm just gonna head out and-"

"Wait!" Jimin lifts his head so fast Hyejin is honestly surprised he doesn't give himself whiplash. "I, uh- you- you, uh..."

"Sing good?" Hyejin teases, referencing his statement from earlier.

"Yes!" Jimin stammers, fidgeting and puffing his cheeks out in nervousness. A very different look than the pirate that had stared her down on the ship that day. "But not just that! You're- I think that you're really beautiful and if you would like, I'd like to-"

"No."

"-take you- eh?" Jimin blinks in what appears to be disbelief and shock.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt you there, but I've really got to go, so my answer has got to be no for now." Hyejin purses her lips in guilt at the crestfallen expression that passes briefly across the other's face. "Listen, I just- you're not my type."

"Not your type?" Jimin echoes in confusion.

"You're very sweet and kind, but the bottom line is..." Hyejin reaches over to gently tug Jimin in closer by the collar, their faces now centimeters apart. She knows she's got him right where she wants him by the way his breath hitches at their proximity, his Adam's apple bobbing in his throat as he swallows nervously. "I don't think you have what it takes to handle me, pretty boy."