twenty one;

"It's hard not to worry, isn't it?"

Taehyung looks up from his plate of uneaten lunch to see Yongsun smiling kindly at him from across the mess hall table. The conversation had been minimal at best, a nervous tension evident in the air until Yongsun spoke up. Even the quiet murmurs between Namjoon and Yoongi go silent as they all turn to look at the only female left on the ship. "I... huh?"

"You've haven't eaten most of your meal," Yongsun points out.

Taehyung blinks in surprise. He hadn't even realized that he had been so out of it that he wasn't eating, his thoughts filled with Wheein. Was she alright? Was she eating the snacks Seokjin had packed for them when they left? Without thinking, a bullshit excuse slips out of his mouth. "I, uh... I'm a slow eater?"

Yongsun's expression tells him that she doesn't believe him in the slightest. "You've also been gnawing on your lip so deep in thought that you're about to draw blood. Like I said, it's hard not to worry."

"I'm..." Taehyung finally breaks. "I know they're fully capable of handling themselves, I just- I can't help but think of all the what ifs and the worst case scenarios. Wheein is- I finally got her, you know? The event at the tavern helped me realize how much I needed her by the side, but now-"

"I know exactly how you feel."

Taehyung shuts up upon realizing the pure truth behind her words. This is what Yongsun has had to go through time after time again, watching the other three sail off on their heists, waiting weeks and even possibly months for their return, no way of knowing if they're safe, or even alive. "I'm- I'm so sorry, I totally forgot-"

"No, no, don't apologize!" Yongsun waves her hand in a flustered panic. "I say this because I understand what's going through your head right now and I want you to know that even though it's scary because the situation is out of our control, there's no point in worrying like this."

She takes a deep breath, looking at the seven other people sitting around her. "I... I used to worry at our cottage alone, praying for their safety with a heavy heart, but now I have you all, and so do they. We're family now, and that means something."

Yongsun feels Namjoon's comforting hand pat her thigh in encouragement and her heart blooms in warmth. 'Don't worry, Taehyung. No matter what happens, those three would stop at nothing to find their way back to us."

Hyejin lets out a sigh as she sends another roundhouse kick into one of the pirates charging towards her, knocking him flat onto the ground before jabbing him with anesthetic hidden under her nails

Hyejin lets out a sigh as she sends another roundhouse kick into one of the pirates charging towards her, knocking him flat onto the ground before jabbing him with anesthetic hidden under her nails. Too easy. "Hey Kuku?"

Wheein ducks as another pirate nearby takes a swing at her with his blade, taking aim before throwing one of her knives straight into the side of the man's arm. He goes down with a cry of pain, dropping his weapon and clutching at his wound. "Yeah, Ricky?"

Hyejin huffs as she hauls the man she knocked out over to the pile of the rest of his tied up and already subdued crewmates. "How did you know he was the one?"