seven;

Wheein bites her bottom lip nervously, legs swinging on the park bench she's currently sitting on. She can't believe she's doing this, thinking back to her last conversation with Taehyung last night.

"Did you all have a good time?"

"Believe me, they loved it." Taehyung's gaze on her lingers long enough to make Wheein's cheeks heat up again, a recurring incident throughout the night.

"That-" she pauses, unsure of what to even say. That's good, hey, by the way, what are you and your pirate crew doing out here and why are you so fucking attractive and charming? "That's, uh, I'm glad."

"Yeah..." Taehyung himself looks a bit conflicted. "We uh, we're definitely coming back tomorrow night though! My friend Jimin really liked your friend's performance. The first one?"

"Jimin?" Wheein struggles to remember which one of the other six who introduced themselves to her earlier that evening that is.

"Oh, he was sitting across from me, hair kind of parted like this," Taehyung makes several wild hand gestures that Wheein laughs at but she's oddly enough able to understand who he's describing. Ah, the one on the ship from the other day that Hyejin knocked out. How ironic.

"I'll be sure to let her know she has a new fan," Wheein giggles. And let her know that I'm a freaking idiot who went and got myself involved with someone on the very pirate crew we were concerned about...

"Tae!" a voice from the exit calls towards them. They look over to see the rest of Taehyung's crew waving at him. "Hurry up! Yoongi hyung wants to go to bed like the grandpa he is."

"Sleep is important!" one of them in the back who Wheein assumes must be Yoongi snaps. "I don't know how you all still have all this energy this late."

"Hyung, it's like, 10 PM," someone who Wheein remembers to be Namjoon snorts in amusement. "We'll be outside, Tae, don't take too long."

"Got it," Taehyung grumbles, tired of being interrupted by his crew just when it seems like Wheein and him are about to settle in a comfortable conversation. Freaking cockblocks. "Sorry, it looks like I got to go soon."

"No, no, it's fine!" Wheein shakes her head, "Go join your friends. I'll, uh, I guess I'll see you tomorrow night?"

Taehyung tries not to look into how hopeful she sounded and think about how it makes his heart beat a little faster in his chest in excitement. "Yes! Of course, yes, tomorrow night. Here."

Fuck, why can't he speak like a normal human being in front of her anymore?

Wheein giggles again in that cute way she does and- fuck, it just makes Taehyung's heart melt in an inexplicable way. She waves in farewell, beginning to turn around to head back to her post and Taehyung can't let it end here tonight, not like this. The words leave his mouth before he even gets the chance to process what he's saying. "Are- Are you free tomorrow morning?"

Wheein spins back around, doe eyes wide in surprise. "I- Pardon?"

"If you're free," Taehyung panics, rapidly losing the confidence and adrenaline that fuelled him seconds ago, "Meet me at the park by the inn down the street tomorrow morning at 10 AM. I'll be waiting!"

And with that he turns on his heel and hightails it out of the tavern, not giving himself a chance to look back and see the dust of pink settle nicely across Wheein's cheeks.

Wheein knows she shouldn't be here, knows that they're searching for her and Hyejin and Byulyi from what Hyojong told them last night, and that the more time she spends with Taehyung, the more likely it is that he pieces it together and their secret is revealed. One of his crewmates was able to find Hyojong just from her reaction to their question; they're smart and cunning and everything Byulyi warned them to be wary of and-