five;

Byulyi is buying some ddeokbokki to bring back to Yongsun when she hears it.

"Hyung! I can't believe you forgot to bring money with you!"

"Me?! You didn't bring your coin pouch with you either!"

She looks over to where two unfamiliar men are standing several stalls away at the chicken skewer stand. She watches in quiet amusement as the two continue to bicker uselessly for a little bit longer before one of them covers his face with his hands.

"Oh my god," he moans, "I know I shouldn't have listened to you and let you drag us here. Now we're lost and penniless and going to die of hunger before the others find us."

His friend rolls his eyes. "Jungkook, stop being dramatic. The last thing I would ever do is die of hunger. If necessary, I won't hesitate to eat you for survival."

"Hyung, what the fuck?!"

Byulyi snorts and finishes paying for Yongsun's order of ddeokbokki before making her way over to the stand they're at, placing a couple of coins onto the counter and murmuring quietly to the lady running the business. "Two, please. Keep the change."

The lady nods her head and hands over two chicken skewers with a smile. Byulyi turns to the two strangers and holds the meat out to them. "Here. Take it."

They look over at her in surprise, before looking down at her offering. The one whose friend previously called him Jungkook seems to snap out of his stupor first and shakes his head in embarrassment. "Ah, no we couldn't-"

"Yes we can!" the other one cheers shamelessly, reaching out for one of the skewers. He stops when Byulyi pulls her arm away from him and looks up at her with a sad pout on his face. "What-"

"You can have it after you guys move. Your silly arguing is going to scare away the rest of that eomoni's business if you all stay here." Byulyi tsks, pointing her head back towards the counter. "Go apologize and you can have a skewer."

The man opens his mouth to protest, before thinking better of it upon seeing the look on Byulyi's face and going over to bow to the stand owner and apologize. His friend Jungkook turns to look over at Byulyi in shock. "You... tamed him?"

"You too." Byulyi waves the chicken in his face.

Jungkook immediately trudges over to apologize as well.

Several minutes later, they find themselves sitting by the plaza fountain, the two men who have properly introduced themselves as Jungkook and Seokjin munching at their chicken skewers happily as Byulyi leans back and closes her eyes, listening to the sounds of the active marketplace all around her and enjoying the nostalgia of being back in town. She's sure Yongsun won't mind if she has to wait just a little bit longer for her ddeokbokki.

"Thanks again for paying for us," Jungkook scuffs his shoe around in the dirt, too bashful to make eye contact with Byulyi. "We can pay you back, of course. Once we meet back up with our friends."

Byulyi shakes her head. "It's fine. You all are just visiting, right? Think of it as my welcoming you to the town."

"Ah, the people here are so kind!" Seokjin throws his arms behind his head and stretches. "What did I tell you Jungkook, everything was going to work out fine!"

"You literally threatened to eat me for survival like five minutes ago!"

Byulyi laughs, effectively stopping the other two from arguing any further. "You two are ridiculous. Absolute kids."

Seokjin eyes her suspiciously, crossing his arms and stomping his feet in a very mature manner. "How old are you, huh? You may very well need to call me oppa!"