four;

"I think that one looks like a lion."

Wheein rolls her eyes. "You've said that about like, the past five clouds, Hyejin-ah."

Hyejin turns to her side on the grassy hill they're laying on overlooking the ocean, a pout on her lips. "It's not my fault all the clouds in the sky look like lions."

They're taking advantage of their time off with a picnic in a spot they discovered on a hike in the past. The location has an incredible view of the endless seas in front of them, as a well as a good overview of the docks and nearby beach where some of the townspeople are out and about running their own errands. Wheein can pick out several familiar faces below them on the sand, but no one necessarily worth calling out to.

She lets out a sigh. As much as she enjoys just having time to explore the town and meet up with old friends, she's beginning to miss and crave the ocean wind through her hair and the thrill of their usual job. "Are you performing tonight?"

"Mmhm!" Hyejin rustles the soft grass around her as she switches positions so she's resting her head on Wheein's stomach, her gaze refocused on the fluffy white clouds up in the bright blue sky above them. "You wanna join? We can sing a duet!"

Wheein shakes her head. "Maybe next time, I was just wondering. I wanted to spar with Hyojong today, but he's got his hands full with a new shipment of alcohol today so it'll have to wait until tomorrow."

"You could always spar with Byulyi unnie," Hyejin suggests.

Wheein huffs and reaches down to play with Hyejin's hair distractedly. "Everytime I spar with Byulyi unnie it seems like only she gets better."

Hyejin snorts. "I can definitely see that."

"How is that even possible?!" Wheein whines, "She was probably born with a sword in her hands or something. Her skill level is insane."

"If it wasn't for her though we'd still probably be on the streets scraping by for our next meal," Hyejin's expression is wistful and nostalgic as she turns to look at her childhood friend. "Sometimes this all just feels like a crazy dream to me. Like one day we'll wake up back in those slums, performing acrobatics in the plaza just to get by."

Wheein flicks her best friend in the forehead.

"Ow!"

"Stop being so silly," Wheein runs her hand through Hyejin's hair, combing at the long ebony strands. "This is our life now. And no matter who we are or what we do, we'll always have each other."

"Wow, so cheesy," Hyejin teases.

"You're the one who brought it up!" Wheein protests, pushing Hyejin off of her in mock anger so the other can't see the embarrassment on her face.

Hyejin isn't one to give up, immediately finding her way back to sprawling herself on top of Wheein after a minute of play fighting, Wheein eventually giving up and giving the maknae what she wants. It isn't until she's settled back down, face nuzzled into Wheein's midriff, when Hyejin finally speaks up again.

"I'm so glad we have each other."

Wheein can't help but smile in silent agreement, wrapping an arm around the other and holding her close. They've been with one other since they can remember. They're closer than family, their bond deeper than sisters or anything one could imagine. They're grown up together, struggled together, fought together. There's no way they would have made it without one another. There's no one Wheein could ever trust more.

"Me too, Hyejin-ah. Me too."