Kim Mingyu.

Kim Mingyu, the tall and handsome Kim Mingyu. The Kim Mingyu, the one boys and girls loved and loved to hate. Mingyu is a sweet, kind guy or as others say "a boy with a heart of gold. With his cute puppy-like looks and personality, Mingyu is able to charm anyone from young to old. He's been living in his precious town all his life, the town and the people being all he knows and feels safe with.

Mingyu loves everything about his town and he wouldn't trade his life there for anything, (or so he thinks). His hometown has everything Mingyu could ever want or need. There he has 1. His family 2. His best friends Minghao and Seungkwan and 3. His lovely SVT High School. At his current school, Mingyu, Minghao, and Seungkwan are who everyone talks, whether they're liked or not. Minghao is in the same year as Mingyu while Seungkwan is a year below. The three boys are inseparable, they're always together, a powerful trio, all three amazingly handsome and with great personalities.

Mingyu is an only child. He likes being an only child, but he sometimes feels lonely, sure he has his friends and family, but he yearns for a feeling he can't describe. He knows the feeling isn't like the feeling he has towards his family and friends, it's something stronger that he needs to experience on his own, but he can't seem to figure out what it is. While at the movie theater with Minghao and Seungkwan, a kissing scene between the protagonists is taking place. Mingyu's mind begins to fill with questions. What is it like to kiss someone? Do I want that? Why Haven't I kissed anyone before? Is that what you do only when you're in love? What's it like to be in love? Is there someone for everyone, for me? Will I ever fall in love? While deep in his thoughts Mingyu fails to notice that the movie has ended. That night he goes home with a word he's never pondered on before, love.

•••

Being an only child has its privileges. Since he was young Mingyu always got what he wanted, within reason. He did not, however, take advantage of his parent's generosity. Instead, Mingyu was and is still today responsible, sensible and very mature for his age. However, there comes a time when everyone reaches their limit when people lose their temper and rationality if the right fuel is used to ignite. For Mingyu this time comes sooner rather than later and he's just not having it.

Mingyu's life was what he called, perfect. He was happy... until his parents announced to him that they were moving to Seoul. Sweet Mingyu was quickly replaced by an angry Mingyu. You see Mingyu was happy living in his little town, where he knew everybody and everybody knew him. Where his friends, family and favorite places were. His parents, however, felt that their son needed to experience a different environment and meet new people, so he wouldn't be secluded and subjected to a single place.

•••

To say that his first days in the city were hectic, would not come close to what it really was. Mingyu felt like a foreigner, not knowing where he was and getting lost multiple times. He also got many stares from people left and right which only confirmed to him that he, in fact, did not belong there. On their first day in the city, his parents told him he'd be attending Pledis High School, the most prestigious high school in Seoul. Mingyu's family was well off in terms of wealth, but they chose to live humbly, trading luxuries for humility. However, Mr. and Mrs. Kim cared far too much about Mingyu's education, so when it came to it they weren't shy with their money. To adapt to the city, their whole lifestyle was changed significantly. They went from living in a simple family house to an amazing penthouse with commodities all around. Mingyu, of course, loathed all of this, his new school, his new home, overall, the idea of starting over.

" 'Pledis High School, we're not just a school, we are a place of for learning, a great place to be and a place of comfort. At Pledi-' blah blah blah blah blah... yeah yeah yeah." Mingyu read out loud as he researched his new school. "I haven't even been and this place already sounds snobby." He scoffed as he closed his laptop. It was Saturday and since he had absolutely nothing to do, he tried to familiarize himself with the place he'd so ungracefully spend his last year of high school. The more he searched though, the more he dreaded for Monday to come. My last year. He thought. MY LAST YEAR! And I have to spend it in this STUPID city, in a STUPID school where I know and have no one! After his mini-rant, Mingyu groaned as dramatically collapsed on his bed, minutes later he fell asleep.

Sunday came and Mingyu was completely, utterly, wholeheartedly, extremely, etc..., devastated. In less than 24 hours Mingyu would have to start, as dramatically he put it, "all over again!" which would inevitably "destroy" his life. He told his parents that he'd be better off homeschooled, but that didn't pan out. His parents strongly encouraged and wanted him to step out of his comfort zone and socialize with new people.

After dinner, Mingyu went up to his room, called his best friends Seungkwan and Minghao and complain to them about his horrible situation. Not having his best friends around and not being able to see them every day resulted in a very angry, but at the same time, a melancholic Mingyu. After he ended their group called Mingyu played some video games until he couldn't keep his eyes open. He went to bed with the reality of a new chapter in his life sinking in.

•••

"MOM!, where's my uniform?" Yelled Mingyu as he came out of the shower.

"Honey I left it on your bed!" Mrs. Kim answered.

Mingyu looked at the uniform and though it was nice, better than the one at his old school. The Pledis uniform was sophisticated yet fashionable, Mingyu approved. As he put on his blazer with the school logo embroidered on it, he looked at himself in the mirror. "With nothing to look forward to, this year will be crap." Mingyu muttered to himself. However, big surprises awaited Mingyu at Pledis High School, surprises that would change his mind about having "nothing to look forward to"

When he finished his breakfast, Mingyu got in his car and drove to his new school unwillingly. However, big surprises awaited Mingyu at Pledis High School, surprises that would change his mind about having "nothing to look forward to." As he drove and listened to music, he came to the conclusion that he'd try to make it a good year. Afterall it was his last year of high school, he wanted it to be memorable.

"Pledis High School, get ready because here I come."