Look at Me... Please.

He didn't answer. It was the fifth time Wonwoo had called Mingyu, he never texted or called him after school. Wonwoo was lying on the couch in his living room waiting for his mom to call him over for dinner, in the process of relaxing he was also in the process of getting a hold of Mingyu. Wonwoo wanted to know why Mingyu changed his mind, he expected Mingyu to answer on the first call, but after calling him five times and getting no response, Wonwoo was worried. Wonwoo gave up on contacting Mingyu, concluding that he was busy at the moment and that he'd ask him personally the next day at school.

"Wonwoo!" Mrs. Jeon called out. "Please get ready for dinner."

"I'm ready, Mom!"

"Where are you? I need to approve." His mom said, Wonwoo could hear hear fast footsteps, he guessed she was in a hurry to find him.

"I'm in the living room!"

When Mrs. Jeon finally found her son, she gave him a look of disapproval. "You can't wear that, we're having guests for dinner! T-shirt and shorts, really?"

"What guests? You never told me! When did you even plan this?" Wonwoo complained.

"I texted your brother this morning and told him to let you know, he told me he did. Your Dad and I planned it this morning, we called the Kims and they gladly agreed to come over. Now, go change," Wonwoo opened his mouth in an attempt to protest that he really had no idea, but before he could even speak, his mom spoke. "No, before you say anything, you're not getting out of this dinner. I thought having Mingyu and his parents over would be something you'd like, why are you being like this? The Kims are about to arrive and I'm behind on dinner, I don't have time for your jokes Jeon Wonwoo." Mrs. Jeon turned away from her son and walked back into the kitchen, but not before giving Wonwoo a glare.

Wonwoo thought to himself, he knew Wonjae hadn't told him anything about the dinner on purpose—but he also though Wonjae could've forgotten because of the chaos his migraines had caused earlier. However, when it came to Wonjae, Wonwoo didn't know what to believe anymore. Then his thoughts quickly changed to what his mom had said "the Kims are about to arrive." Wonwoo, then thought about Mingyu, he didn't say anything about the dinner either. Maybe he wanted to surprise me. Wonwoo thought. He then got off the couch and ran upstairs to his room to get ready. When he was almost done getting ready, he heard the doorbell, he fastened his pace trying to finish quickly so that he could go down and greet Mingyu.

...

"Hello! Please come in," Wonwoo heard his mom say as he walked down the stairs, "follow me to the living room, dinner isn't ready quite yet, for the time being we can sit and chat—Mingyu, honey, Wonwoo and Jae are up in their rooms, feel free to go up and greet them."

"That's alright Mrs. Jeon, I'll wait here—" Mingyu began to say, but then was interrupted by a familiar deep voice, a voice he didn't wish to hear at that moment, or ever after what happened after school with said voice's owner.

"There's no need Mom, I'm here, Mingyu doesn't need to look for me." Wonwoo said, looking at Mingyu in the eyes, with a smile on his face, but his smile faded quickly when he saw Mingyu lowering his gaze to the floor, avoiding Wonwoo. Mingyu was acting strange, Wonwoo could only reason that it had to do with him due to Mingyu avoiding him. Wonwoo reached out for Mingyu's arm, but he avoided his touch as if it were fire, wanting nothing more than to avoid being burned. "Please don't touch me." Mingyu whispered, his voice full of sadness, Wonwoo hoped that he had heard wrong. Wonwoo approached Mingyu again, seeking an explanation, but since fate seemed to be against him at the time—he was interrupted.

"Hello, everyone." Wonjae said with a bright smile as he entered the living room.

When Wonjae entered Mingyu saw this as an opportunity to get away from Wonwoo, his confession and everything that happened after had taken place only a few our prior to the dinner. If he was honest, he had no desire to be there, after saying he wanted to stay home, his parents weren't very happy—they had literally forced him to go. If this hadn't gone the way it had or if he hadn't confessed to Wonwoo, he'd be very happy at the moment, since he loved spending time with Wonwoo. At the moment, happiness was not an option.