I Don't Care.

Mingyu woke up to his mom's voice telling him, very loudly, to get up and to get ready. They were heading out. Mingyu checked the time on his phone, 8 am. Where the hell are we going at 8 am? And on a Sunday. Turns out his mom and dad had decided to ruin his life. Next weekend his family and the Jeon family had planned a reunion party. Mingyu had heard of the Jeons all week and his "bff" Won, as his mom called him. He hadn't seen the guy in years so he didn't remember him well, but he already disliked him—his mom could not, for the love of anything, stop talking wonders about this Won guy. In other words, Mingyu was jealous. His parents had offered to take care of some of the food and the music. So that meant that Mingyu was also included, involuntarily, of course. They spent all morning going into different restaurants, catering companies, bakeries, music shops, and different stores to find the best food and music choices. They got home a couple of minutes before noon, Mingyu was relieved and just wanted to lay in his bed. He was going to go back to his room, but his mother's voice stopped him.

"Mingyu, honey get your school work, I've arranged for the chauffeur to drive you to the library. There's one nearby," Mingyu looked at his mom shocked and ready to protest, but he was beaten to it. "Before you complain, there's no way you're getting out of it and you're being driven there because I know you won't go if you take your car."

"Mom, come on, I don't want to go—I don't even have to go I'm doing fine in school."

"Don't lie to me, you did nothing but complain all of last week about how much work you had and how harder your classes are at Pledis. I prefer you to go to the library so you can focus better. Won goes to that library all the time, I would've arranged a study date for you two, but he's busy today—oh did I tell you how smart he is, him and his brother. They always take the top 2 spots in academics at school—"

"Mom! Can you stop talking about that guy? You have done nothing but talk about him, I don't remember him, just stop it's annoying being compared to someone I'm not. I'll go to the stupid library, I'd rather be there right now."

"Min—"

"Save it, mom, I'll be back later."

With that Mingyu grabbed his things and headed to the library, his mystery bff had sparked a new attitude of competitiveness, next weekend he'd finally meet this "perfect guy" his mom swears by, and see who he was up against. 

When he arrived at the library he went up to the front desk, he wanted to be there as long as possible, he didn't want to go back, he was annoyed with his mom.

"Hi, excuse me." Mingyu politely said.

"Hi!" Said an overly eager boy, he looked to be a bit younger than Mingyu. "I'm Chan, how can I help you?"

Mingyu was a bit taken aback by the professionalism of the boy, it somehow didn't suit him, maybe because he seemed too young. "Umm, well, I'd like to know what time the library closes."

"Midnight." The boy replied.

"Midnight? Really? That's weird—for a library I mean. Sorry, if that came off as rude."

"No, it's fine, we get that a lot with first-timers, which is what you are right?" Mingyu nodded. "I thought that too, but my uncle thought more people would come in if we stayed open later than usual—and they do, lots of people are here late at night, mostly students."