Jealousy.

"Have you told him?" Minghao asked. It was the day Mingyu was determined to confess to Wonwoo, but it was now lunchtime and Mingyu hadn't confessed.

"No! I haven't found the right moment, when I'm about to say it, something happens. I'm still in my art class, it's lunch right now, but he texted saying that he'd come by so we can walk together to the cafe—" Mingyu said, disappointment clearly heard in his voice.

"You have to tell him! You promised. You guys have a cafe?! In the school?!" Seungkwan yelled through the phone.

"Seungkwan's there?" MIngyu asked a bit startled.

"Yes, I'm here, you're on speaker by the way. Answer my question!"

"Okay, yes, we have a cafe, it's called Hangout. Now back to Wonwoo, like I said before, I haven't found the right moment. I'll do it before school is out or maybe after." Mingyu told his friends.

"Leave him a note in his locker! Telling him to meet you somewhere after school, it'll be cute!" Seungkwan suggested.

"Or he could send him a text... that'd be easier and faster." Minghao said.

"But it won't be romantic, Wonwoo will appreciate the effort." Seungkwan explained.

"I think it's a cute idea too. I'll write the note." Mingyu told his friends. "I gotta go now guys, Wonwoo's going to get here any second, I'll let you know how it went."

As soon as Mingyu hung up, Wonwoo opened the door. Wonwoo was happy whenever he was around Mingyu, looking for Mingyu after class, them walking together, it all felt very boyfriend like. He liked it.

"Hey, Mingyu."

"Hey, Wonwoo, are we all meeting at the cafe?"

"Not all of us, just Vernon, Chan, you and I. Soonyoung texted me saying he had a dentist appointment and Vernon texted me saying that Jihoon told him he had a dentist appointment too."

"They both have dentist appointments? That seems a bit—"

"Weird?" Wonwoo finished Mingyu's sentence.

"Yeah." Mingyu replied.

"I know, we'll interrogate them later." Wonwoo said smiling at Mingyu. "Let's get going now, we won't have time to eat if we don't hurry, plus Vernon and Chan are waiting."

"Yes! Let's go, I'm so hungry!" Mingyu dramatically said, which earned him a laugh from Wonwoo, making Mingyu feel very proud.

When Wonwoo and Mingyu left the classroom and the sound of the door closing was heard, Wonjae came out from where he had been hiding. Before class ended he had gone to the back of the room to clean his supplies, he didn't trust anybody else with them so some days he would take time from his lunch and stay back to clean them. Today was one of those days. The back of the room was where students left their easel and canvas, it was easy for someone to hide especially since no one had seen him go to the back. Wonjae had heard Mingyu's conversation with whoever was on the other line. When Wonjae heard Mingyu say he was planning to confess to his brother, a strong sense of jealousy emerge. He couldn't let that happen, he had to do something. Wonwoo can't be the only one that gets everything. Wonjae thought, he wanted Mingyu and he planned to have him all to himself.

...

After finishing their lunch at the cafe, the four remaining friends made their way to the outdoor student lounge. They were having fun just talking and occasionally making fun of each other, Vernon and Wonwoo especially—since they knew each other the best. Chan and Vernon were having their own conversation now, they were so lost in it, they even forgot that Wonwoo and Mingyu were there.