- CHAPTER TEN: Hurt -

10:15 pm, Mark's office.

Ring...

Ring...

The phone ringing woke Mark, who until then had been asleep on his desk. He looked at his phone, it was past ten o'clock, he had worked the entire afternoon in his office, and had fallen asleep on his files.

A missed call from Jeno.

Mark had woken up with messy hair, his tie untie, the first three buttons of his shirts unbuttoned, his sleeves clumsily turned up, and looking tired. He hadn't shaved for days and his chin was covered with stubble. It was very dark in the room, he lit the lamp on his desk, to see his files scattered.

He got up from his desk, stretching a little, then he put the files away on his desk. He went to his room when his phone went off again. He answered.

"Hello Jeno... uh...sorry I missed your call.... What did you want ? " He said, lying on his bed, looking at the ceiling.

"Sir, we have a potential buyer for jewelry. "

"The ones at The Red Neon ?" Mark asked, rubbing his temple.

" Yes sir. And he seems to be interested in some of the paintings too."

"He proposed an appointment? "

"Not really, I can suggest him an appointment. He also informed us that he would be at Lunapar tonight. "

"Lunapar? "

"Yes sir, but it's a little late, don't you-...?"

"It's not, we're going. Let him know of our arrival, we will be there around 11:30 pm." Mark cut him off.

"..... Okay sir. "

He hung up.

Mark could have choose another day for the appointment with this potential buyer, which he surely would have done because of the tiredness and headache he was feeling at the moment. But something other than business had made him take that decision. Someone he wanted to see again, for a few days.

11:20 pm, in the car, on the way to Lunapar.

The car stopped at the red light. Smoke was coming out of the window, which was completely down, on the side where Mark was sitting. The elbow sticking out from the window, he was smoking his cigarette, looking at the lights of the city, which wasn't sleeping.

"Who is this potential buyer, by the way?" Mark asked, pulling on his cigarette.

"He's the son of a rich Chinese businessman, head of several companies based in Asia. He comes to represent the buyer, his father, who is busy in Hong Kong. His son, who is the same age as you, is in Seoul only for a few weeks, his name is Wong Yukhei, but he prefers to be called Lucas." Jeno replied, flipping through some files.

"What are the jewels he's interested in? "

"Uh ... He hasn't been precise on the subject, he only said he wanted to see our collections of jewelry and paintings. So I took the inventory file with me. "

Mark nodded simply, slowly blowing his smoke out the window. He was returning to his thoughts, business wasn't really what he was worried about right now. Jeno noticed it. Since a few day Mark had changed, he was behaving strangely lately. He was ofen lost in thought, he was drinking more, and seemed preoccupied with something.

"Is there anything that's worrying you, sir? You can tell me about it. " Jeno asked Mark. The latter had turned his head to his dongsaeng, who looked at him, looking a little worried. Mark smiled at him.