- CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR : Enough -

When Mark woke up, night had already fallen.

Only the lamp beside him was lit. He felt the place next to him empty, his clothes still on him, he was alone in the bed.

He heard some noises from the bathroom, light was coming from it, through the door frame.

Then someone opened the bathroom door. Haechan came out from it, but stopped when his eyes met Mark's.

He had taken a shower, and was  in a white bathrobe. He had a towel drying his hair still wet.

"You're awake.." he said in a quiet voice, letting go of the doorknob he leaned back on the door frame.

Mark was sitting in the bed, looking at the younger who was avoiding his eyes.

"You too." the older replied, he had a tired look on his face. Maybe because of the feeling that was eating him up. "How do you feel?" he asked.

"A little better." Haechan answered, fiddling nervously with the towel.

Mark looked at the chair next to him, and saw clothes folded on it and shoes on the floor. These was Haechan's, Mark recognized them. "You wanted to go..?" he asked Haechan.

The latter approached the bed. "Yes.. I'm going home." He said sitting on the bed.

"You're still sick, you need to-..."

"No Mark, I'm going home." Haechan cut him off, looking him in the eyes.

Mark looked down after a minute. "Did you intend to leave without telling me?" Haechan could felt sadness in his voice.

"... yes." He answered, he felt Mark's hand taking gently his. "but now that you're awake... I need to tell you something."

"no.. don't tell me." Mark whispered shaking slightly his head.

Haechan had tear in his eyes. Both knew what was going to happens. Something unbearable for them.

"I think we should stop seeing each-..."

"Don't tell me!!" Mark raised his voice, startling the younger, who shed tears. Haechan felt Mark tightening his hand and forearm he had grabbed not wanting to let him escape from him. "I won't permit it, you hear me?"

"Mark.."

"I said no... you're not allowed.. ." Mark kept shaking his head negatively. " I won't let you go... if I have to, I'll lock you up... yes.. I'll-..."

"No you won't do it." Haechan said.

"Why wouldn't I?! You have in front of you the most dangerous gang leader of all Korea" He said with a chuckle. "Tell me why I wouldn't do it?" he asked, leaning closer to Haechan. "Who's gonna stop me?" looking threatening he wanted Haechan to be afraid so he would not take the risk of leaving him, but the younger was not afraid.

"Your friends... and yourself." Haechan answered in a teary voice. " One day you said to me, that it's was torturing you to know that you were not the only client I was seeing... but since it was my choice you could do nothing but respect it ... simply because you could do nothing but loving me..." Haechan was trying to look into the older's eyes who was looking down in despair. ".. you remember?" he asked softly. He put his hand on Mark's cheek stroking it.

"yes.. I remember.." Mark whispered. Haechan felt Mar's tear wetting his hand. It was breaking his heart to see him like that, but for him there was no other way. ".. I remember." Mark let go of Haechan's arm and put his hand on the one against his cheek, wanting more softness from it.

"If it's because of last night I want you to know that I'm regretting it deeply."

"No.. that's not it."

".. am I not enough for you?"

This question made Haechan's heart stop a moment.

It had never crossed his mind that Mark could think that, because it was not true. It was the complete opposite. Mark was more than enough for Haechan. He was the best thing that ever happened in his pathetic life. This is what he wanted to reply at this moment.

But somehow he thought it was better for Mark to keep thinking that.

It was horribly difficult to say. 

He took a breath, and nodded slightly, looking down. Ashamed, not daring to show his face, and because he could no longer restrain his tears, he hid his face in his hands. But he had time to see Mark's look turning into a look deprived of his glow.

Haechan had the terrible feeling of stabbing his heart.

"I see.."

As Haechan was burying his face in his hands, Mark got up.

"Take the time you need to get ready, the driver will wait for you."

Mark's voice was lifeless

After the older's leaving, Haechan hastened to get dressed and collect his belongings as his tears didn't want to stop.

When he heard someone clearing his throat behind him on near the door.

He turned around and saw Yong Jae in the doorway.

"What...?" Haechan asked wiping his tears.

Yong Jae approached, a phone in a hand.

"um.. This is yours, we managed to find it in the Hotel suite." Yong Jae said, giving the phone to Haechan.

"Thanks."

Haechan turned on his phone.

- 26 missing calls

- 32 new messages.

Haechan put in the back pocket of his jean. Then he looked up at Yong Jae who was staring at him.

"Is there anything else?" he asked.

Yong Jae tilted slightly his head frowning a bit, as if he was trying to understand something. Haechan felt his stare sounding him out.

Haechan sighed. "I don't have time for you." He said heading for the door.

"Why did you lie to him?" Yong Jae said.

Haechan stopped.

"What?.." he said turning toward him. "You spied on us?!"

"Mmh.... no. Let's just say that I was passing by." He said tucking his hands his suit pockets. "So?... Why did you lie? What were all those tears worth?" He asked approaching the younger. Yong Jae knew the truth of their love, as he had so often seen them being so lovingly passionate for each other in many room of this house.

".. it does not concern you .." Haechan said shacking slightly his head.

"Wrong. You've just destroyed, by yourself the heart of the most dangerous man in this country. He must really love you to let you hurt him like that."

"..it does not... concern you." Haechan repeated in a sorrowful voice, looking away.  you know nothing about me. He added, leaving the room.

Once outside Haechan ran to the car that was waiting for him. As soon as he got inside the driver who had received orders started the car.

Haechan looked up through the window to see one last time the house in which he had so much moment of love.

When the house was no longer visible, Haechan rested his head against the window, feeling so dejected.

After a moment he took his phone and dialled Se Yoon's number.

"Hello... no .. no, don't worry I'm fine"

_ To be continued_

Did you have a good day?