-CHAPTER FORTY-ONE: I'll meet you again -

11:00 pm Hong Kong, The Peninsula Hotel

"And, ladies and gentlemen, let's give a round of applause for the beautiful Mei Lin who will sing us a song tonight! "

The whole audience was applauding the smiling young woman, who went onstage of the hotel bar thanking the audience by bowing several times before sitting down at the piano.

Then the lights of the room and the lamps on the tables of the customers subdued before becoming completely extinguished, letting the colored lights illuminate the artist on the stage.

The artist started to play some Piano notes moving the audience as she was creating a sad atmosphere filled with melancholy. All eyes were on her. All except those of a young man, whose back was facing the scene, preferring to stare the alcohol of his glass with which he was drowning his worries.

♪ Tell me.. ♪

where are you my lost love

♫ you know I can't stand now ♫

a single day without you

♫ Oh tell me ♫

my baby..

where are you now

♫ You know my heart miss you so.. ♫

there are feelings still waiting for you

inside...

♫ Tell me my darling ♫

tell me where did you hide

my eyes still remember

your glowing smile

and my lips still want yours

♫ Tell me where ♫

did you go

something is missing inside

and it hurt..

so.. so much

He was still enjoying listening to the song of the artist which was strangely resonating the most in his heart, even if he didn't understand her language.

♪ Oh darling.. ♪

I swear one day

♫ I'll meet you again ♫

Yeah.. one day

♪ we'll be together again ♪

"Sir?" The barman asked the young man who looked up from his glass. "There's a call for you." The barman told him handing him a phone.