- CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT : Missing -

I don't know...

something is missing,

and it just... hurt

so.. so much.

Mark finishing his bottle of water, took the TV remote from the kitchen turning up the volume. It was around eight in the morning. He was sweaty in a track suit in the kitchen coming back from the exercise room.

He was spending a lot of time exercising recently. He would let off steam continuously on the heavy bag and some weights. He felt pathetic, it was his only way to unwind, to get rid of this feeling. But it was only working briefly, This constant feeling of wretchedness kept sticking to him.

He was tired of feeling like nothing. A part of him was missing.

Morning news was on TV. "Not later than yesterday in the evening a taxi driver was found unconscious on the road in the neighborhood of Cheongju. He was wounded in the head and was taken to the hospital. His vehicle got into a collision. His client hasn't been found yet. The taxi driver says he was attacked by men with..."

Mark turned the Tv off, hearing some noises coming from the entrance hall. He decided to see what was going on.

The butler was standing in the doorway, while someone was trying to enter.

"Sir, please my master doesn't want to receive anyone, I sorry I'll have to.."

" I really need to see him.. Tell him that it's important..." Jaemin kept insisting.

"Hey.. hey! What's with all this noise?" Mark approached the door. The butler stepped aside, giving way to Mark. "Ya pinkhead.. I don't think I know you.." Mark asked to Jaemin. Who was a little surprised to see Mark Lee the enemy that his father was bitterly despising in front of him.

"No I-.."

"What? Wasn't my butler clear enough? I don't want to receive anyone. Now leave the property." Mark said. He returned inside, the butler was about to close the door but Jaemin stepped in.

"Haechan has been kidnapped."

"What?" Mark stopped.

"This is serious." Jaemin added.

//

Haechan woke up incompletely as a blazzing light was making him frown.

Everything was blurry, but he could hear a few voices not far from him. Trying to move he felt his hands tied up.

"Mmh .." After blinking, his vision became clearer.

Looking next to him he saw a blue sky and the sun that was blinding him. He was above a sea of cloud. Widening his eyes he realized he was looking through a plane window. He was sitting in a seat, in an air plane, or rather a private jet from what he was guessing looking around.

There was beige leather cushioned seats with polished wood interior. He was sitting on a lonely seat in the back of the jet. Further forward there was a leather couch lengthwise where men was sitting dressed in what seemed to be combat uniforms. They were his kidnappers, without their balaclavas. There were laughing and talking loudly, playing cards.

Haechan tried instinctively to release his wrists from his zip ties, but to no avail. What could he do anyway? Jump off the jet? There was nothing to do, he just got abducted and didn't even know where he was or where he was being taken.

Suddenly he felt nauseous, and dizzy.

"Ugh.." Haechan groaned, feeling like his head would burst.