- CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR : Defeat. -

11:25 pm ,Temple bar.

" Something is wrong ?" Yong Jae asked, sitting next to his Boss, who was gulping down his drink. The latter didn't even turn his head towards Yong Jae, asking the bartender to fill his glass.

" Why are you asking me that ?" Mark muttered, before finishing his glass the bartender had just filled.

"Because it's been less than an hour, we're here, and you're already drunk. "

"I'm not allowed to get drunk now ?!" Mark snapped back, a little irritated. Yong Jae sighed. There was definitely something that bothered his Boss.

"I guess something is worrying you, Markie. You know, you can tell me about it." Yong Jae said calmly.

Mark stared at his glass, sighing, letting out a long breath, stinking of alcohol. He knew that he couldn't lie to Yong Jae, and that he was there to help him.

He was silently searching his word to start, slightly stirring the alcohol that remained in his glass. Yong Jae asked the bartender for a drink.

"Is it about that prostitute you love, what's his name ... Haechan, right?" Guessing the problem, Yong Jae turned his head to his Boss. He was frowning, staring at his glass, trying to hide his eyes, where his sadness was becoming obvious. Yong Jae put a hand on Mark's shoulder. "Hey ... you know I'm here. "

Mark laughed, as if to make fun of himself.

"Look at me Yong Jae ... I'm pathetic. "

"Yeah ... who would have thought a simple prostitute would put you in such a state ..." Yong Jae said taking another sip of his drink.

"I didn't think it would be so hard ..."

"Don't lose confidence in yourself. Didn't you say he would fall in love with you? "

"That's right ... but sometimes I feel that I'm nothing more than another dick with money, for him." Mark said before sighing, he gulped down his drink trying to forget the pain in his heart. He didn't want to feel anything, he just wanted to forgot it all, just for a night.

Yong Jae was a little surprised by his Boss. After all Haechan was just a prostitute and he was a leader of the Mafia feared by all. He could easily use his power, to get what he want.

"... you really love him." Yong Jae asked, admiring Mark's patience.

" Sometimes I feel like I could die from it ..."

"You've changed since you met him, Markie ... in a good way. I'm sure he's not indifferent to you. Give him time to realize his feelings. "

"I'm really trying, I assure you ... but it really hurts ... "

"So speed up things. "

"How? "

"Pull out all the stops. Seduce him even more, as you have never seduced anyone before. Make him yours."

"I think you're right ... Yes, that's what I should do! Thank you Yong Jae." Yong Jae was indeed right, if Mark wanted Haechan's heart, waiting for things to come to him was certainly not the solution. He had to act.

" You're welcome." Yong Jae smiled, seeing Mark regain a little confidence in himself.

Then a man approached them.

"Boss, Mr. Na is here." The man informed quietly.

"Mr. Na? What is he doing here?" Mark asked seriously.

"I heard that bastard had just finished his prison sentence. He surely wants to check that he hasn't lost all his contacts." Yong Jae said.

"He's going to get us into trouble. Why did you let him in? " Mark asked, annoyed.