- CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE: Questions -

The slight rocking of the car, lulled Jaemin's body, who was sitting comfortably in the back of the car. Near the window he had his lips and chin resting on his fist, and watched quietly the landscape. A few of his pink rebellious strand were falling on his forehead. He had undone his tie, his unbuttoned baby blue shirt revealing his collarbones.

He glanced quickly at his watch, it was soon time for lunch. He was on his way to his father's house for lunch. Jaemin was used to those boring moment when the few words they exchanged were just about business. It was always like that with him. His father didn't really pay much attention to him when he was young. To him he was only a nuisance, just a miserable mistake he made during a night with a woman he had never really loved.

Jaemin didn't know his mother, the latter had abandoned him to a heartless father. According to his father, she had accepted his money for her silence, as he was an unwanted child. Mr. Na was his only family, and Jaemin was his only heir, their father-son relationship wasn't going further. From an early age his father was telling him that he shouldn't disappoint him, and prove to him that he was his son. But fortunately Jaemin's childhood wasn't totally deprived of warmth, and love, he was grateful to the household staff who cared for him.

His pocket vibrated, he took his phone out of it. He looked at the screen, his dad was calling him. He hesitated a minute. Should he really answer? Decided, he put his phone next to him, turning the screen over. He wasn't in a mood to talk to his father.

Since he was back from jail, things were getting more complicated and was making his days tiring. This affair had really ruined his father, he lost a lot of money. The latter intended to win his money back, ruining his enemy's son, Mark Lee by taking his fortune. He had already managed to steal money from him, which had put Mark Lee beside himself, but it wasn't enough for his father. The latter had hoped after Lee's death that he could take his place as leader of the Korean criminal organization. But Mark had already established himself, all the great families of crime followed him. He thought they'd all fight to be the one who run the city, but surprisingly Lee's son had proved himself. Which was pretty scary. Mr. Na was now dealing with the deceased Mr. Lee's son, and he was as intimidating as his father was.

It didn't really concern Jaemin, it was personal to his father. But he still didn't want to disappoint him, so he followed him in his nonsense, even though he thought he was wrong to look for trouble with Lee's son.

Jaemin had found a way for his father to beat Mark Lee. Haechan seemed close enough to Mark Lee, enough to be watched over by one of his men all day. He hadn't told his father yet, something was telling him to keep it secret for now.

Soon the car stopped, he had arrived at his father's house. He got out of the car, putting his tie back on, and arranged his hair. He looked up at the house which was shutting away the memories of his childhood, then he walked toward the front door after putting on his suit jacket.

As soon as he entered the house, a man approached him. He was one of the men who worked for him.

"Sir." said the man who was walking with a file in his hand. " Here's what you've asked." he said discreetly, giving the file to Jaemin. " There's in it all you want to know about this Lee Haechan."

"Thanks." Jaemin said flipping through the file. The man bowed, he was about to leave when Jaemin held him back. "It's between us, don't tell anyone about it. Got it?" Jaemin said quietly.

"... not even to your father, Sir?"

"Don't worry about it, I'll the one who'll tell him about it." Jaemin faked a smile.

_Time skip_

Around 02:00 pm Haechan's home.

Haechan was wasting his time, in front of TV, lying lazily on the couch, eating snacks. He was watching a drama. It was one of those scenes where the main female character, clumsy (as they always are), accidentally get closer to the main male character.

"Oh! Come on girl! Don't make that face, I'm not falling for this shit! How the hell did you end on his laps?! I bet you did it on purpose!" Haechan yelled over the TV screen, as he always do in front of those so predictable drama. Haechan had trouble to like those drama, he didn't believe in romance and all the bullshit that went with it.

He was about to zap to another channel when someone rang the doorbell.

Haechan lowered the volume of the TV and headed for the entrance door. He looked through the peephole.

No one.

What... Haechan thought, frowning as he opened the door. He looked around and nobody was there. Then his foot touched something on the ground. Haechan looked down, and raised eyebrows when he saw a beautiful basket filled with flowers white and yellow and a little brown teddy.

He glanced around quickly, then took the basket that was in front of his door.

Closing the door behind him, he noticed that there were other things in the basket, like fruits and chocolates.

A gift? Who could it be ... Haechan thought as he took the card from the basket. He read it.

Hope my little sunshine have a great day.

A smile formed on his lips as he was guessing the one who sent him that gift.

He put the basket on the kitchen table, and took a yellow flower to admire it. It was a beautiful bouquet, it wasn't the first time that a client offered him this kind of thing but for the first time he felt different about it since it was from Mark, he didn't really know how to react. Even if he was a little embarrassed, this gift made him happy. He approached his nose and smelled the flower, then let out a cute giggle.

That guy... He thought while leaning over the kitchen table, the flower in his hand, he put his forehead on his other hand, hiding his reddening face even though no one was here to look at him. Haechan was surprised, that romantic cliché was actually working on him. It was getting him soft. He thought it was cute from Mark.

He cupped his face, squeezing his warm cheeks and stood for a moment in front of the cute gift, smiling like a dumb as his heart was melting thinking about how Mark had spent time thinking about him, finding him a present. It was making him happy.

Then he took his phone and dialed Mark's number, sitting on the couch.

Beep...

B-...

"Hello?" Mark answered the call.

"Little sunshine?... Really?" Haechan said, hearing the older's laugh through the phone. "What's with that nickname?"

"Ya... I don't say anything when you're calling me Mr. Bad Boy." Mark said, Haechan could hear the cute pouting tone Mark usually take when he was complaining. "You don't like it? I thought it was a good one for you."

"... actually I like it."

"Really? and the gift, you like it too?"

"I like it..." Haechan said snuggling his face on a cushion, lying now on the couch. "Thanks." he added softly, as his face reddened.

Mark chuckled on the phone, guessing that Haechan was embarrassed. He was right.

"Haechanie,... I'd have liked to give it to you myself, just to see your cute face when you're blushing." Mark said earning a giggle from the younger. "... but I got held up, Im sorry."

"Don't be sorry. You offered me food with it, and food forgives everything." Haechan said. The older laughed. "Um... when will you have free time?" Haechan asked, fiddling nervously with the throw blanket.

"... why?" Mark asked, although he was guessing why the younger was asking him this. Haechan could guess Mark was smirking. He decided to play along, after all if it could make Mark happy.

"I was planning to spent all day lazing at home,... but suddenly I felt lonely. So... I was wondering if you could do something about it." Mark bite his lip hearing the lustful tone Haechan had taken. "Do you think you can help me?" Haechan added.

"Yeah... I think I'm the one you need."

-To be continued-