Five - Give it a try

_____

Millie woke up at around 9am, put some clothes on and got downstairs to see if Joseph needed any help. She loved helping people, and even if she didn't, she'd have to because she was a guest, she needed to be polite.

She was getting along quite well with the old man, surprisingly.

"Good Morning, Joseph." Millie said entering the kitchen.
"Where is Finn?" She asked curiously.

"Oh, he's buying things for breakfast, darling." Joseph said smiling, as usual.

"You two get along really well, I love your relationship, it's beautiful." Millie admitted approaching the fridge.
"Can I have a cup of water?" She asked.

"Of course." He replied.
"And about Finn. He's more than a grandchild, he's a son to me. We like the same things, songs and he used to spend the vacations here when he was younger, grandpa's summer camp." The man laughed remembering old times.

"I'm glad to finally meet you. Finn used to talk a lot about you in set when we still filmed stranger things. You are so sweet." Millie smiled.

"I appreciate the compliment. My wife made me like this, the most beautiful woman in the world." He smiled.

"I agree, she looked beautiful in that picture you showed me yesterday." She nodded smoothly.

"People are incredible, you change for them. Not because they want you to change, but when you are in love darling, you realize how amazing they are and that they deserve the best version of you. Even with that, me and Margot used to have some fights too, but it's normal. I couldn't stop being stubborn, ever." Joseph laughed.

The man loved his wife with all his strength, he went through a tough time when she passed away and so did Finn. That was when they became even closer.

"You, stubborn? I doubt that." Millie laughed.

"Believe me, kid. I was and still am more than stubborn and pretty annoying too." He chuckled.

"Why do I have a feeling you are describing Finn?" She laughed sweetly.

"Oh, we have the same temper, I swear. You will see." The old man smiled lightly.

"I can't believe in that, sir. I'm sorry." She continued laughing.

"You will see. Give it a try." He said winking and laughing before the door opened.

"I'm home! And I have food!" Finn's voice was heard from the entrance, 30 seconds before he entered the kitchen.

"Good Morning, guys!" Finn said smiling and putting the bag full of food in the table where Millie and his grandpa were sitting.

"Woke up in a good mood, huh?" Millie laughed.

"Hell yeah. Caleb called me and he invited us to have lunch with him and Sadie before going to the airport." He spit it out. "He has something to say, and I guess I know what it is."

"What? You know I'm curious, Finn. Pleeeeeaaaase, tell me." She begged him.

"Okay, okay. Apparently he proposed to Sadie yesterday after they got out of here, aaaaand I think he wants me to be his best man and she wants you to be her maid of honor!" He smiled.

"OH. MY. GOD. They are getting married! Cadie is happening!" Millie exclaimed happily.

"You look like a teen again, Mills." Finn laughed.

She felt her heart beating faster for a second, like every damn time she heard that nickname and she didn't know why. She loved it, and he was the one who'd came up with the name years ago, so...